Thoughts on pairing at Momofuku

Pre-ordered the 5 spice Duck for tomorrow and am waiting for a copy of the wine list. Am I treating this like Peking Duck?
I am taking 6 bottles on the trip, but am light on higher end whites that would make corkage worthwhile? Any thoughts if champagne (would work (I know it always works)
or I have some single vineyard Tement that would be interesting?
I’d probably be happy with a nice Rose if that’s an option from the list but would like to do something more special if I have it.
If I get the list back from the restaurant I’ll post.

1 Like

See if they have this one:

If you are talking about Noodle Bar, the original location does not have much of a wine list. If you don’t have enough wine with you pick up a nice Beaujolais. There are lots of wine shops nearby.

Sorry , Should have said Vegas main room in Cosmopolitan. I have nice Beaujolais…09 Lapierre, Metras, Foillard ect.
Interesting thanks
btw where are the wine shops now. I’ve always Uber to total wine. (If you were assuming Vegas)

Sorry I forgot that they still have a LV location. I thought you were talking about NYC.

Edit: I just learned Parcelle has wine on offer at Noodle Bar!

There’s a Wally’s at resorts world. I would always drink burgundy with duck, preferably with ~10 years of age. 13s are great with duck with the acidity. The last wine I had with 5 spice duck was 10 amiot serville clos st denis. My wife sorta demurred and recommended riper red fruited younger village burgundy like 17 or 19 Fourrier Gevrey VV and/or oxidative champagne like Selosse or Egly Crayeres.

Appreciate the insight all. I had packed a Metras Moulin a Vent. If the corkage is $90 or something I’ll probably just go with something on the list (although they never responded to my email request)