Thomas 2018

Glad to hear all worked out.

Just saw John and he confirmed that there wonā€™t be any 2020 Thomas.

Jonathan,
Does that mean that the Acme brand is coming back to life? In turn, one of the best buys in Oregon Pinot Noir.

1 Like

He said it will be a ā€œsabbatical yearā€ for him, so I take that to mean he didnā€™t harvest anything.

Interesting. I always hoped that when the Pinot was off that he would harvest his Nebbiolo for a wine. Something must have been way off.

Ahhhh, the Thomas Nebbiolo. If Iā€™m not mistaken John does harvest and bottle the Nebbiolo for personal consumption during most years.

Sorry, many favorites from the forum have already announced that there will be no or very limited Pinot in 2020 due to the fires and smoke taint. Although the Thomas Vineyard is on the back side, itā€™s my understanding that the Dundee Hills were heavily impacted.

I found it interesting that one of the empty bottles on the shelf behind William Kelly on a recent podcast was a Thomas pinot. Never had this producer on the radar before now. Suppose that is pretty good publicity. Would be interested to try outā€¦sounds old world, sham about the 2020s

Iā€™m pretty sure John replaced all his Nebbiolo vines years ago. I remember him cursing John Paul (with a laugh) for talking him into it. To my knowledge, he never vinified it separately.

His decision to not harvest was indeed because of heavy smoke, mostly from the Bald Peak fire.

[winner.gif]Big Monty has arrived in South FL

I visited him in spring 2019 and they were still there. And he had the 2018 Nebbiolo in barrel, which we sampled. No discussion of him possibly pulling them.

Yeah, the Tallman is correct and reaffirms my recollections from my first visit with JT in June 2017. There was definitely a barrel of Nebbiolo and some other discussion.

How does one get hold of Thomas, or get on his mailing/waiting list? These wines look like something Iā€™d appreciate. All powerful Google is not helping meā€¦

Mail him a letter expressing interest is I think the easiest way

He has responded to email. I found his email on this forum on another thread and just PM to you. FYI Thomas has no 2018 left. Andrew Turner @ Valley Wine Merchants in Newberg may have some 2018 left (alongside some other interesting Oregon stuff).

Thank you!! I will send him an email and see what he has to say.

Based on the descriptions Iā€™ve read here, it sounds like a wine Iā€™d probably enjoy.

Wizers in Lake Oswego (Portland suburbs) also has 2018 still. Was in today while in town visiting family.

Did the 2019 offer go out? Did I miss it?

Right now we are enjoying a wonderful 2014 Thomas Pinot. We are loving it with salmon.

Have not received mine yet

The 2019ā€™s were still in barrel when we visited with John a few weeks ago. I think that the mailer usually arrives late September into October for most folks.

James