Thierry Allemand - crazy auction prices

That 1995 was what converted me to Allemand, full bore. That’s when I stopped buying Chave and focused on Allemand. Good timing as that was about the time that Chave seemed to change.

The 1994s weren’t to shabby either. I remember that dinner at Inside, but not the year.

Isn’t there Hermitage that is better and cheaper than this cult juice?

Cheaper yes, better no

Specifically what has Kermit Lynch done to cause such action ?

Hipster somms

Got it. KL went around the country, gave roofies to somms and went into their homes to steal all their razors. They were then hypnotized to love Allemand and given large gauges in the or ear lobes.

Brilliant just brilliant.

Screen Shot 2014-09-25 at 7.52.56 PM.png

I have one bottle left of 2001 Reynard sans soufre. I will let it go for One Million Dollars.

Lynch didn’t cause the demand, all of you (us) who buy the wine did. He might price it to meet the demand, but I don’t see how he could create a furor over this wine. The man imports Guillemot!

Michael

Lynch did not create the auction prices.

Hard to believe. I can happily get over it though.

More importantly Lynch doesn’t price out of site. Raveneau Clos is under $250 a bottle. Allemand Reynard $125. Coche MP around $500. These are all retail prices.

I have a bottle of this as well. I’ll sell mine for one dollar less than that :slight_smile:

I’ll sell mine for $999,001 less! That’s 99.9% lower!

Devin Roch - how happy are you that you listened to me???

I bought a case of 01 Sans Soufre for 80ish per last year. A case of 89 Cornas for somewhere around that too!

Hey, stop it. That’s predatory pricing.

As much as I’m sad to see the prices go up, I’m not sure they’ve gone up that much, in comparison to so many other top notch wines. I paid $135 for 2004 Sans Soufre back in 2007, just paid $160 for the 2011, for example. Reynard was sub-$100 until 2010 vintage, when Parker annointed it (along with other 2010s). Now it’s 20% higher. I’m just thankful it’s not 100%.

Extremely. Your crystal ball was in top form that day.

No, however he or his coterie has figured out how to whip a cult that gets these kind of auction prices. Obviously, his retail price is not the issue (irrelevant in any case, since you cannot find a Raveneau from his retail outlet, or an Allemand)…

I don’t know, this is what I would like to find out. Maybe he himself has done nothing, and it his followers who have spun this up. But there seems to be a pattern here…