Thibault Liger-Belair...

…how would you rate this producer? What are some of the best wines from this producer (Riche., Gruencher, CV, Charmes Chamb.,etc.)?

Thanks.

Excellent producer IMHO. I particularly like their NSG Les St George. Believe it or not - their Moulin-a-Vent Vent VV, Perrelles, Centenaires, Rouchaux, and La Roche are still really nice bargains for what you get. Even though I have them I don’t get to try the GCs all that often but have confidence that the Richebourg is top notch - their Clos Vougeot is right up there also. Pricing is getting crazy though - still reasonable I think…

Excellent producer in my limited experience with them. From the Bourgogne les Grands Chaillots to Richebourg I found them to be very enjoyable.

Once rather oaky wines when they were young but that’s behind him. Now from Moulin à Vent to Richebourg, a very safe pair of hands…
Edit - haha! Snap! MichaelLee

Spot on! I bought some 2005 NSG Les St. Georges super cheap many moons ago, and they were ridiculously good. One of the best buys I may have ever made (I think I paid like $40)

Thank you for the response…what year did things turnaround for them with regards to the wines being more transparent and less oaky? Sounds like at least since 2005 vintage, wines were less oaky?

For me not - it was much little later. The wines were fine enough after 5-6 years - so no surprise that the 2005s should be great now - I just didn’t like them young, ie until the oak faded. Since at least 2012 I no-longer have the feeling of a dominant oak in the young pups…