The wine terminology that triggers you the most violently, for me it is QPR

I was wondering if I am the only one who gets triggered by certain terminology as it relates to wine. For me it is QPR. It sends me into a rage for some reason more than other seemingly controversial terms. I absolutely start ranting and raving about its meaningless contribution to wine, its inconsistent relevance, its “free pass” to mediocre wine, on and on and on. Would you refer to a piece of art as “good QPR”? Anyway, I would enjoy hearing other triggers! What wine term triggers you?

4 Likes

+1 on QPR making me twitch

4 Likes

This thread has good QPR!

7 Likes

I don’t know if I would use the exact term, but I might think of a piece of art in the framework of something like it’s from an lesser known or undiscovered artist (which resulted in more affordable pricing).

1 Like

You know this is going to start a trail of posts with your trigger word discussed in all forms of nuance and absurdity?

6 Likes

I see no value in the term QPR.

5 Likes

Correct…btw I am not necessarily proud of being triggered, I am usually a mild mannered fella!

4 Likes

So the quality:price is good? Wish there were an easier way we could express that. ::whistle::

2 Likes

I’m on the complete opposite side of the fence. QPR is an expression of value. If a $100 bottle doesn’t meet expectations for $100, would it at $10? Probably. If your favorite bottle of wine is $1,000, do you drink it every day? Unlikely, but I bet you go looking for something similar at a lower price. Congratulations, you just went hunting for a better QPR.

And yes, absolutely a piece of art can have good QPR. It’s just phrased differently. The same concept is behind it.

15 Likes

Thanks friend— for triggering me further (laughing)

1 Like

I dislike “juice” and “singing”. I automatically discount any review that uses these terms.

12 Likes

I thought we had determined that “feminine” was the only correct answer?

6 Likes

Sure, qpr is misued, but there’s nothing wrong with its literal meaning. If you define “mediocre” as a wine you have zero interest in drinking, then it has zero quality. Divide that by any price and you get a qpr of zero. Isn’t the relationship of quality to price a fundamental consideration?

2 Likes

I hate the non-words like “champers” and most other cutsey terms. Not just in wine - sando and sammie really get my hackles up.

23 Likes

Varietal when you mean variety.

14 Likes

This thread reminds me that Champers I had last night was absolutely singing. Great juice and a high QPR.

13 Likes

you are killing me!

Lol. Touche.

1 Like

“Back the truck up.”

That’s almost as insipid as saying, “I literally died laughing at that show.”

3 Likes

Don’t you mean “killer juice”?

2 Likes