The Wine Berserkers on Discourse FAQ thread

pretty sure this is all on edge, not discourse. Try ctrl/shift/v - maybe reverse of what @Andrew_K said…

2 Likes

It seems to be an Edge thing. Chrome doesn’t do that.

Nor Safari

Leave it to Microsoft!

Easier than pasting it and then removing all that other stuff is copying it without the leading h and then adding it. Which is still a pain, but also still easier than posting photos was on the old site.

Sorry if this has alresdy been discussed, but what’s the trick for posting insta links? Just tried to copy/paste in the text box and no dice.

What am i doing wrong?

Fyi

Instagram is not yet fully embedded, and Facebook is not very easy to ‘play nice’ with, so I’m working on it, but it will be a bit

1 Like

Ahhh, gotcha! Sounds good…glad to hear that, for once, it’s not a ‘me’ thing :slight_smile:

IG works now thanks to @ToddFrench

Reels don’t work with discourse. But posts do!

Charlie shared a post on Instagram: "Celebrated the big dog @gaurav.kapoor.3956 birthday this past weekend. Too many wines to list so thought I’d make it short and sweet.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
15 wines. Four words each. Under 90 seconds.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
WOTN - 1999...

Nice man - good stuff!

So just copy/paste the post link in the text box and its good to go, or any tips/tricks i should keep in mind?

Thanks again for the heads up - appreciate it!

Straight link is fine!

Perrrrfect! Thanks man!

Todd: here’s an example (a screenshot) of the quote problem I was asking about yesterday (9/19):

the third quote (the one that starts with “I don’t know what you did” is only slightly different from the line above it (“Here’s the code”). So it’s hard to see where the new stuff changes into a quote. If I put the pointer on the "I don’t know’ then that quote is set off by a border, but otherwise it’s not. Any idea how to fix that so the “I don’t know” quote has a border?

Hmm. I put the arrow on the screenshot and now it’s a bit different from the original. But still no separate border around the “I don’t know” quote

Hope this is comprehensible!

Can you put the hyperlink (thread URL) in here also?

Here’s link to the post in question:

What Peter is calling the “third quote” is not, I don’t think, a quote. It appears to be a screenshot you pasted.

FWIW, on my screen it still shows up with sufficient contrast. I suspect this is a color scheme issue:

Yes, it’s a color scheme issue - theme related

yes, that’s exactly how i’d like to see it. What color scheme are you using? TIA!

Which theme/color scheme should I use to get this? Right now my theme is the Discourse Default, Color scheme is Regular Dark mode (and under that it says 9 Dark)

Here is what I am using on my desktop Windows PC:

1 Like

Yes, you have the color of ‘legacy test’ which has that super old school beige in it. Optimally this new system was setup with the following settings, if you want to try: