The Water Thread - Europe

As a brewer, I’m a bit obsessed with water. In my travels in Europe, I’ve the tap water to be great in some place, and virtually undrinkable in others. In some places, the tap water is great and in others, you’d better have bottled water in your hotel room. I though that it would be worthwhile to have a thread where people could post about the water quality at various locations.

My ratings go like this:
A - Superb water. For those that have been to Bend or McMinnville, that is A-class water.
B - Drinkable. Contra Costa/Alameda water fits into this bucket.
C - Caution. I would drink this in a pinch. Some of the outlying areas around Portland fit in that category.
D - Avoid. This is very hard water that just tastes bad. I will always make sure a drink bottled rather than tap. L.A., Phoenix, Santa Clara, Newberg (!) fit here.
F - Unsafe. We don’t have a lot of this in the U.S. or Europe.

Here are place I’ve been and my thoughts on the water. If you want to add your own, post below and I’ll add them to the top of the thread:

Austria
Salzburg - B-
Vienna - B

Belgium
Bruges - C+

Czechia
Prague - B+

France
Arles - C+
Bayeaux - C+
Chinon - B-
Colmar - B-
L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue B
Paris - B-

Germany
Bamberg - C-
Berlin - D+
Frankfurt - C
Munich - C

Hungary
Budapest - B+

Italy
Venice - C

Netherlands
Amsterdam - C+

Spain
Barcelona - D+

Edited to adjust (downward) a couple grades.

UK > Norwich - great if you are fascinated by those ‘snowstorm globes’, or thrill in chipping limescale off kettles. Otherwise DNPIM (aka a firm D)

Portugal - F

I got a terrible stomach parasite when I mindlessly had some of the tap water. The water in question was, I believe, from a winery in the Douro Valley, fwiw. I doubt it’s important to name the specific winery, so I’m not going to.

Zurich - A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ everywhere.

A++++ water in many places in Savoie, especially near the lakes. I don’t think I have been even offered bottled water in restaurants there.

I’ve had water out of the tap in many places in Europe. Never had an issue.
Italy, Portugal, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Ireland, France…