The Stream of Consciousness Wine Thread - or, a wine thread about nothing

Adds a degree of difficulty for forgers.

I wonder if it would keep my partners out.

I just had six bottles of Vatan delivered, half of them with brittle wax and pieces in the box. No worries, make it easier to open! Just happy to actually get Vatan.

The Unbearable Lightness Of Being AFWE!

I’m happy with no foils. But, if a foil is present, I cut it off. Even humble things have a purpose.

-Al

Alfert Forward Woke Enlightenment

Let’s make this thread useful.

I think I might like wine. Can someone make me a recommendation? I usually lean towards red. Or white.

Do you want to drink it with any food that isn’t conservative traditional Continental cuisine?

WELL DON’T. Just drink beer or tea. Doesn’t matter what beer or tea, any are perfect. But no wine is good. Okay, maaaaybe Champagne, or some ultra-obscure white variety that few have ever encountered or heard of.

Then I definitely recommend Champagne. Specifically the 1988 Pol Roger Winston Churchill.

SHHHH!!! If you tell everyone about that wine, the price will go way up.

Speaking of champagne, best served with potato chips that are the “folded over” kind.

I love shopping season. Daily presents!

I am truly scared that two people on this board know this information. Can Armageddon be far behind?

I’ll have you know he came or is coming to concert in our arena and I passed on the tixs. J-Lo and Chainsmokers 10x better.

Carl’s Jr. Super Star with Latour.

If you’re ever in Hong Kong I recommend visiting a traditional Cantonese eatery (try Fook Lam Moon in Wanchai) to be stunned by the amount of high-dollar Bordeaux being stored and presumably consumed with non-Continental cuisine

Should we be calling Robert, George???

Unlike Art Vandelay . . . .

I actually was in architecture.

And don’t like food mixed in bedroom pleasures. Sorta messy. Wine, that’s another thing.

Thanks Bobby! Seek I shall. In the meantime drinking more from the bottle of industrial Bordeaux with leftover beans and greens.
Beans and greens taste better when spiced with black pepper. Forget what you’ve been told, you can have salt, garlic and two kinds of dried red peppers in your beans, without fresh tellicherry do not bother. Picked some up today from Oaktown Spice. It made the beans. Plus, the Bordeaux tastes better when served next to properly spiced beans. Made in the Western canon style, Chris.

#1 I am awfully tired of every California winery tasting room associate saying the following as they pour Chardonnay: “This isn’t your typical California, over-oaked, buttery Chardonnay.”

#2 I once spent a year making whiskey sours without realizing you need to dry shake the egg white for maximum creaminess, and barely shake with ice to ensure it’s not served too cold and thus wiping out the taste.

#3 Someone brought a bottle of Stella Rosa to my daughter’s 4th birthday party. I’m concerned I won’t be able to give this bottle away, but also don’t want to pour it down the drain either. Also, why are people BYOB’ing to a kid’s birthday party?

I’m sure I’ll think of more in the shower.

Can you cook with it?