The perfect red wine glass?

Zalto Bourdeaux.

I have a GG also

And believe me, i live in Romania and none of the luxury restaurants i was , hasn’t got a a 60 dollars glass

This may change things. One thing you might be interested in is that there is a lot of Romanian glassware and crystal available in the US. There are big stores that stock many glasses and it is surprising how many are from Romania. I don’t know what prices are or how available different glasses are in Romania, but it sounds like you do have access to some of the German and Austrian lines anyway.

But in the end, it is what Chris said - it’s a personal choice and decision and there’s nothing objective about it. Good luck with your search and decision.

Thanks Chris for posting a photo! I would have posted one myself, but I’ve been travelling this week for the holidays.

As people seem to have come to a consensus on, choosing the “perfect” glass really does come out to personal preference. Whereas Chris may prefer the SW “Red”, I still prefer my Zalto Burgundy glasses. But regardless, I think that the SW “Essential” is a great overall glass to use on both reds and whites, so it may come out to be more preferable than the SW “White”, depending on the circumstance.

Best of luck to you guys!

PSA of a future PSA:

I exchanged emails with www.theperfect.glass folks (the ones selling the Sophienwald line in US) and they will be launching a special offer on November 26th, with a little extra for WineBeserkers (e.g., including allowing mix/match glasses). Will post a new PSA in Winetalk on ~11/26 once they allow me to. They informed me these are the hand blown glasses that have “SW” on the base, versus the machine made ones that have the full name on the base. They plan to start selling the machine mades next year. I have no affiliation, am not saying these are the best glasses for anyone (or me), and all orders will go through them.

Is there a difference between Zalto Bordeaux glass and Zalto Denk’Art Bordeaux glass ?

I asked because on one site i have seen that zalto bordeaux have 23 oz (680 ml) and on other sites zalto bordeaux have 765 ml

For example, here he has 765 ml: Zalto Restaurant Glasses - Wineware.co.uk

And here he has 23 oz (680 ml) : https://www.wineenthusiast.com/zalto-denk-art-bordeaux-glass.asp

Where is the truth?

How many ml does he have?

Dinu - part of the confusion could be different metrics. The “imperial” fluid ounce is 28.4 ml whereas the “US” fluid ounce is 29.6 ml (IIRC). Now, that ~4% difference doesn’t explain 680 ml to 765 ml but it could be one of the factors :slight_smile:!

Some people might care about height of glass/stem and capacity for Bdx and Burgs glasses.

1 Like

I do care…but maybe someone who already have this type of glass can decipher the “mystery” and tell us how much ml does it have.

For me, 85 ml the difference between the 2 variants means a lot and can influence my choice into buying them or not.

Because you want to pour an entire bottle of bdx into the glass?

No, just because size matters all the time.

You should probably look at the Zalto burg glass then.

I have the burg and bdx glasses from Zalto but never use them really; I mostly use the universal.

Can you photograph both one near other to have a look at them please?, i want to make an ideea about them.

Thank you in advance

That’s what she said…

No, I’m not at home and wouldn’t waste time doing it even if I were.

Buy 6 get two free SW glasses for Black Friday - code is WINESOL. Free shipping too.

Is there a difference between Zalto Bordeaux glass and Zalto Denk’Art Bordeaux glass ?

I asked because on one site i have seen that zalto bordeaux have 23 oz (680 ml) and on other sites zalto bordeaux have 765 ml

For example, here he has 765 ml: > https://www.wineware.co.uk/zalto-restau > … wine-glass

And here he has 23 oz (680 ml) : > https://www.wineenthusiast.com/zalto-de > … -glass.asp

Where is the truth?

How many ml does he have?

There is no difference in those two glasses. Cannot account for the ML issues, but, Zalto Denk are the two designers. Kurt Zalto and Father Denk.

What glass does that sophienwald glass compare to most in terms of size?

Emily,

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

We regret that you feel this way, and after such serious allegations from you, we thought it would only be fair to share the direct response we received from Gerhard Illek, the owner of Sophienwald, on this matter:

"We are sorry to see you call Sophienwald glasses a "Zalto rip off“, particularly as you are, in your own words, "the designated importer for Zalto in the US” and even clearly see that your statements may be seen as “biased or perhaps misleading (or worse.)”.
Although court proceedings have indeed been pending in Austria since June 2016(!), the court has not been provided with any evidence whatsoever which would even remotely support such a claim.
In our view, the duration of the court proceedings speak for themselves – if this was a clear case, as you suggest, the court would have granted Zalto’s claim long ago, but it did not.”

All the best and happy holidays,
Ginger Turner
US Sophienwald Distributor

Gotta say. That was a pretty classy response/1st post.

Agreed.