The OFFICIAL Friday night, non-Lola table for FFII

Ass.

[rofl.gif] [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif]

Rick, I don’t think Cheryl liked your post very much
[rofl.gif] [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif]

She doesn’t like a lot of my posts. Luckily, she likes me as a person…normally.

Relax,

I’m not trying to drum anything up for the Mansion and we are not considering BYOB, it’s still illegal. There was never a guarantee that I’d be able to get away with allowing corkage. I was just trying to reach out to you guys and offering an option for you. I don’t get to make any of these events as they’re always on weekends so I was hoping to get you on my turf.

We’re doing fine, better than a lot of places these days even with our pricing. I don’t make the prices, I just try to justify them with great service. I hope some of you can make it in sometime. The Chef’s Room experience is very special and we don’t get many guests who don’t think they get their moneys worth.

Have a great event. I hope to see you soon. [cheers.gif]

Scott, dont read more into these posts than the writer intends. People are just figuring out what to do for this weekend. We’d love to meet you, we are working on what is/is not in budget, what people want to try vs. what they’ve already tried. What they get a home vs what they dont. With 50 people in town, you can imagine the planning is complicated with dozens of different budgets, dozens of different food preferences (no vegetarians I would guess [dance2.gif] for FFII), who is flying in when. Casual vs. formal. blah blah blah.

I get it. Cheryl told me it was going to be around 50 and I realized it wouldn’t work anyway.

I just wanted to make it clear that I wasn’t posting on behalf of Rosewood or the Mansion but just as a member of the board offering an alternative. Please don’t start showing up at the Mansion with bottles in tow saying I said it was OK or I’ll get in trouble. Have a great offline [cheers.gif] .

Well. I don’t think there is going to be anywhere near 50. First off, at least 12 are going to Lola. I would imagine many of the locals will not go out at all and save up for Saturday. So far we have only heard from me, Cheryl, and Jeff. Unless many others chime in, it might be the big offline for three.

Hey Scott, can you get me a comped room? [beg.gif]

I agree it won’t be 50, but I think it could be pretty big (15+). I think if we create a plan we are happy with and post that as the “official Friday night plan”, people will join. I suspect most people want to be included, just not involved with the planning.

I wanted to give people a chance to chime in. At the end of this month, if I don’t see a lot of people adding their $0.02 (with this group, no one expressing an opinion?? WTF) I’ll be making executive decisions…

I know where I plan to go, if I can get even one person to join me. I just offered to help everyone else with a single thread to consolidate the discussion and planning.

I appreciate you starting the thread. That probably didn’t come through in my post. If the place you plan to go has wine glasses and food, I’ll be there.

Keep in the back of your mind that I run a local tasting group and participate in two others locally so I have access to other wine lovers in the area if we need a few extra bodies on Friday night to meet a quota for a specific place. Most are regular posters on Wine Spectator with a few cross overs from VinoCellar, Wino Depot and ePantload.

And why haven’t I been invited? Must be my rep from the Squires board as a bad boy I guess. [foilhat.gif]

[imnewhere.gif]

Is it just me, or does anybody else find it odd to be planning a dinner more than 2 months ahead of time…?

[imnewhere.gif]

No more odd than flying across the country to meet strangers I met on the interweb!! [good.gif]

Huh?

It’s a term some people use to describe the board at eBob. It’s typically used by people that have been banned.

I know one vegetarian who is definitely going to make FF III or IV. I was planning on making this one until I realized I had already bought Red Sox / Yanks tix for sat afternoon.

Don’t they play each other about 20+ times a year?