The NBA's Secret Wine Society

I think the most impressive thing in the entire article is they got buses up to Mayacamas!

Durant’s current favorite:
1B866EAB-D2A3-48F8-A732-DE716A22E5C9.jpeg

Here’s s link to their site: http://www.vanillapuddinwine.com/

Once there, you’ll find the following tasting note: (sounds like a backhanded compliment to me)

This full bodied Chardonnay has aromas of caramelized apple, pineapple and butterscotch. Nuances of vanilla coming from the oak contact are abundant. On the palate, the wine is grippy and weighty. The vanilla, coming from a hefty dose of oak, is front and center and intermingles with the carmelized apple and butterscotch. – Master Sommelier Virginia Philip

A real stalker would have had the cases of Juge packed up by now and been sleeping in the car in his neighborhood. Threaten on instagram to drink a bottle a day until it’s gone unless he comes out and joins you. champagne.gif

JJ Reddick is making $23 million this season. That’s, um, a lot of Burgundy.

Abundant nuances? Writing skills they teach in master sommelier training?

As a former editor, I’m a big fan of long-form journalism. But I’m surprised the editors gave so much space to a fairly esoteric subject that likely isn’t of much interest to the average sports fan and ESPN reader.

It’s golden for the Berserker crowd, but the piece verges into TMI;DNR territory …

Oh no! Oh no! [cry.gif]

What is this, US WEEKLY?

NBA STARS - THEY’RE JUST LIKE US!!!

Chris Paul and JJ Reddick like the same wines I do!!! flirtysmile flirtysmile flirtysmile flirtysmile

This is a disaster. Can we please go back to having them drink Cyrstal and Hennessy? Let’s hope they abandon wine soon and move to Charlie’s $1500 beers!

Whoa you big dingus, some of us like Cristal! It’s really damn good. I’d very much like it to plummet out of fashion, but retain its quality. 2005 vintage aside, it’s damn fine champagne.

This is a disaster indeed…if they jump in to quality burgs and producer champs. Forget about getting premier cru’s or vintage champs for less than $200…this is terrible. I hope they move back to cult napa cabs and bdx first growths…there’s plenty of volume there to satisfy their thirst! [cry.gif]

A bunch of the NHL guys are big wine nuts as well, we used to get Carolina Hurricanes in local wine shops

There is a lot of overreaction going on here.
A dozen or so NBA players casually interested in wine won’t change the market.

I imagine you also think “they” should stick to fried chicken and watermelon and not go to EMP or TDL.

What an insensitive, naive and racist comment.

Wow, took it a few steps in that direction for him, and then called him racist on the conclusion you jumped to? Well done! I was wondering who would finally take this subject over that line.

Deep pockets can buy up a lot of wine. When some wines are imported in quantities of 10s of cases or less, that can definitely distort the market. But don’t discount the downstream affect of other people jumping on the bandwagon because they see their favorite players talking about a certain wine. After all, how do you think they sell $200 sneakers?

A $200 pair of Nike’s is not remotely similar to a case of Dujac Clos de la Roche for many reasons.

Pretty funny to see people on this board complaining about guys with lots of money potentially pushing up the prices of wines.

Look in the mirror much?

Hypothesizing, out of general curiosity, whom would you say Alan was referencing with regard to “Cristal and Hennessy?”

Is there some profile/stereotype Alan’s statement followed?

Which ‘them’ is Alan referring to?

That answer would help a lot.