The Good Ole Days...Winebid Edition...

A few great deals but WOW…that trip down memory lane demonstrated how much my tastes have changed since 2004!

2000 Sine Qua Non A Cappella Shea Vineyard Pinot Noir $80.00
2001 Sine Qua Non No. 6 Pinot Noir $75.00
1999 Sine Qua Non Ox Shea Vineyard Pinot Noir $80.00
1998 Sine Qua Non Veiled Shea Vineyard Pinot Noir $95.00
1999 Cameron Winery Clos Electrique $30.00

If I’d have known then what I know now…

Only a few I can brag about (prices before commission and shipping) -

2003:
2000 L’Aiguiliere Doree and Rousse - $30 each (not a screaming bargain, but since they were no longer being imported…)
2004:
1988 Vieux Telegraphe $45
2005:
1988 Gentaz $95

it’s incomplete, fwiw (not sure why, but some are clearly missing)

I had to stop reading at Drouhin Clos des Mouches 2 for $30. then I saw that price for Verset. wow!

Jay, the good thing is, I think I had a lot of those wines with you! [cheers.gif] [drinkers.gif] [thankyou.gif]

I don’t remember all of them but a pile of 2001 and 2002 Corison cabs do $35 was fun!

Unfortunately my last Winebid purchase before 2020 was in June 2002 and none of the details of my many purchases between 2000 and 2002 are available. I’ll have to see if I can dig them out from somewhere else if only to satisfy my own curiosity.

2002 Frank Family Winston Hill $15 in 2007; $35 in 2013. Recent Winston Hall listings are in the $100 range.

The Cornas prices kill me. I’m a buyer at $100 but tough to go higher for me. Beautiful wines. I guess I just need to get over it.

There are lots of them, but these stick out in that
I might still buy them now if it weren’t for cost/availability. Was still testing the waters at the time, so I didn’t back up the truck.:man_shrugging:t2:

Keller Hubacker & Emrich Schonleber Halenberg $25
Cases of Clos Roche Blanche $10

On a positive note, WB still delivers though the labels may have changed.

[cheers.gif]

interesting-a few of note:

2002-
1998 La Mission Haut Brion (4) @ $80 each
1998 VCC (2) @ $100 each

For Mark Golodetz-

2017-
1998 Cheval Blanc (1) @ $455

Do we really need to play this game? The stuff I was buying in that period has shot through the roof…Rene Engel, among other similar producers…

And Diamond Creek from the late 70s.

:frowning:

And we used to drink lots of these and similar wines at offlines, running through so many bottles it made heads spin.

I know I had the '86 Gentaz at least three times at tastings.

The good old days indeed.

Wow, this was from 2005:

2001 Domaine J.P & J.L. Jamet Cote-Rotie, 1.5ltr [I1208567
$100.00

Yeah, I see that I grabbed a bunch of the L’Aiguiliere Doree and Rousse across several mid-to-late 90s vintages for $20-$25 each, and similar pricing for same-era Trevallon

You certainly did.

If it makes people feel better one of those bottles of Gentaz was corked, I don’t recall which one.

When did you drink these, and how did they perform?

Seems like forever since Peyre Rose was imported into the USA.

Don’t have specifics, Nathan, but they aren’t in CT and I joined in 2005, so it would have been in the time between 2002-2005. I always really liked those wines…and had some '92s and '93s at one time, too. I know I drank them too young, but didn’t have as many older wines back then. I remember them being dark fruited, with lots of meat, garrigue and spice notes.

Funny thing, we opened a '15 Bedrock Gibson Ranch last night and it reminded me of a wine from my past but I couldn’t quite place it. Now, thinking about Peyre-Rose, the Bedrock had a very similar deep, dark, fruit profile, with a serious tannic backbone.

The Cameron doesn’t belong with the SQN, imho. Stylistically opposite goals.

(I know, that’s not the point of the thread)

I have a similar list from WineCommune. I walked away with great wines for pocket change.

Wine Commune was the bomb back in the day! That is how I got into wine!