The best fast food burger I never heard of

Hmm. Will disagree. Wish the buns were a bit sturdier, but love me a lbc all the way plus jalapeno.

I’ve tried In & Out five or six times and still can’t find any flavor. The most bland burger out there.

Kopp’s is far better than Culver’s, which has gone ‘corporate’, so to speak (franchises, grow faster than needed, etc)

Small Cheval is pretty good, but still small. I do lone Au Cheval

Here in Texas it is Whataburger for me and then local places. Light years better than In and Out, etc which have struggled in Texas. Honestly, IN and Out which I think is the most overrated fast food food I have ever had. Their fries are offensively bad.

Will leave the possibility that it was just a bad franchise, but the whataburger I went to in arkansas was mediocre at best. I admit I have some bias against places that use styro cups as well.

Agree with Scott that the 5 Guys buns are terrible and fall apart too easily. Our 5 Guys split out of town after a 5-6 year run. They could not complete with local restaurant burgers including a take out Greek family pizzeria which makes the best fries ever to go along with a great burger which you can have any way you like. A rancher friend in town just opened his own grass fed beef fast food burger joint called Graze. The burger is dry but is saved by a “secret sauce” and a sturdy bun. His fries suck but maybe he’ll figure that out. I must admit my historical standard for burgers use to be Bob’s Big Boy in SoCal.

But you live in England. In a noted burger town like Boston, I don’t think a 5 Guys has evah closed (although I agree, I would much prefer to go to a real burger place over any of these fast food joints, even Shake Shack).