The best fast food burger I never heard of

There appears to be some jokester who was listing Culvers locations in both Wallingford and Mystic Ct. Yet none of them exist in Ct although the street names are real the phone numbers belong to insurance companies and a carpet business if i recall. I don’t know why the hell morons create all of this phony stuff which doesn’t even earn them a dime or support any political agenda.

I realize I should not have called 5 guys fast food as it does take 10 or 12 minutes to cook your burger, Well worth it as the burgers and fries are superb, . Not just quality ingredients but smart marketing with the peanuts which I eat a few dozen of while I wait.

Yeah. I know who I won’t be listening to reviews from.

have you tried Fatburger—the King burger is the best. Fresh meat or not, In’n’Out meat is like it was run over by a steamroller, don’t like it. Accoutrements are fine if bun is toasted.

Not sure why it needs to be all that. It’s just my opinion. And many millions of people like McD’s. Some people think White Castle has great sliders, even when they are not drunk with the munchies at 2AM.

To me, fast food joints require a drive thru. If not, they are purely a sit down place and a different beast altogether.

If you drive a high profile vehicle they are all walk-in restaurants that offer to-go meals.

They are one of the few who do flame-broiled burgers. Their burgers are very different from most other places for that reason. I actually do like a flame-broiled Burger King burger from time to time but everything else about the place sucks royally IMO.

Fatburger tried Illinois, most shut down in 3-6 months, awful food

5 guys fries are awesome, burgers are meh at best

I just like to drive you nuts Jonathan.

Ah it’s all about psychological disruption that I think Alex Jones pioneered.

If you can’t taste the qualitative differences between an In N Out burger to any McD’s burger, then there’s really not much to discuss here. My sons are OK with McDonald’s, but they absolutely love In N Out. When I asked them why, they ticked off a list of reasons that all pointed back to three things - fresh ingredients, better preparation and much tastier.

Smash burger is greasy and good; but my local hole in the wall bar/ restaurant, Squires in Briarcliff, makes some of the best burgers I have ever had.

Definitely try Habit!

OK then, I’ll go for lunch today!

Habit is good. Double Char with Cheese. Regular and grilled onions. Boom!

I noticed a Habit near the REI here. Will have to give it a try. How are the fries (and the tempura green beans, for that matter)?

I’m not a big fry guy, but the tempura green beans are nicely done. I get them often. Probably too often.

I had a Double Bacon Cheese Habit Char, onion rings and Sriracha Green Beans. The burger was good enough. Quality ingredients but it doesn’t stand out above the others IMHO. Maybe I’ve been spoiled by Flannery burgers. Maybe if they flame grilledthem there would be a char on them that adds that extra oomph.
I’d buy the green beans again.

It all comes down to personal taste and over the years I’ve “moved on” from the new hyped burger. In and Out, Wendy’s and McDonalds are soylent green, griddle fried greasy burgers. Burger King is a cut above with their flame cooked burger and they used to have a great back up spicy chicken sandwich. My fast food burger of choice for the last 10 years has been Carl’s Jr., Six Dollar burger with bacon. When they started making their own buns on site, they were even better, but I did notice the bun was smaller and the burger was hanging out all over. I quit smoking in April and food is starting to taste different. My Six Dollar burger wasn’t as tasty as it was a year ago and I notice many things are salty that weren’t before. The best griddle cooked burger I had was Red Rock North’s Bacon Cheese burger. Anybody else here remember when hot dogs were ten cents, burgers 15 or 20 and cheese was 2 cents more? That’s the way it was at the Gedunk at Brady Air Force Base, Japan, in 1960.