Salt Vines- new
Chiron- new
Black Powder- new
Liquid Farms- new
Project M- new
Prima Materia- new
Red Newt- new
Frannie Beck

Planned on scaling back, oh well, maybe next year!
champagne.gif

1 Like

And donā€™t call it spending, call it ā€œinvestment.ā€

2 Likes

Plus the Jerry Seinfeld thing of doubling your wardrobe, right?

2 Likes

Relative restraint this year. I had done a visit to Vincent and Marcus in August (along with a few others), so I held strong there. A mixed case of Wilde farm containing 6 Halcon Syrahā€™s, 6 Roseā€™s from Tercero, A Northern Rhone pack and a White Burgundy pack from Ansonia, a 3 pack of Pezzato, 4 bottles from Sabelli-Frisch and a Morgan Ranch Private Selection.

Case of assorted Di Costanzo + 1 Mag
6 pack of Goodfellow chardonnay
18 assorted Flannery steaks and 4 pork caps

A full cellar and pregnant wife has me drinking less and buying minimally.

2 Likes

The goal going in was to keep it under $1,000. And I succeeded. [cheers.gif]

Belharra
Black Powder
Chiron
Theopolis
Scherrer
Fogline
Ocelli

All new purchases for me.

1 Like

I simply do not have the storage to go deep on anything and nearly all of this will be consumed this year. Very happy to try the few things I ordered!

EMH Black Cat 2011
EMH Black Cat 2012
EMH Black Cat 2013
Chiron The Paint of Moonlight 2016
Chiron The Paint of Moonlight 2017
Chiron The Paint of Moonlight 2018
2019 Domaine Pierre Amiot et Fils Morey St. Denis 1er Cru Les Millandes (Ansonia)
2019 Domaine Roger Belland Santenay 1er Cru Beauregard (Ansonia)
2017 Domaine Michel Gros Chambolle-Musigny (Ansonia)
2x Grassl MineralitƩ
$100 JJ Buckley gift card from raffle (plan to buy 1x 2018 Faiveley Chambertin Clos de Beze) - Wedding year wine Iā€™ll hold onto for a while.

*Bought on Berserker Day: 1x 2018 Faiveley Mazis-Chambertin with $30 credit card offer and 100 off 300 - Wedding year wine Iā€™ll hold onto for a while.

1 Like

Met all my goals: bought much less than last year, mostly new (to me) producers, at a higher $/btl.

Walter Scott (6, new)
Ansonia (6, new)
Flannery steaks and burger blend (new)
Goodfellow (12)
Liquid farm (6, new)
Pezzato (3, new)
Kelley Fox (12)

1 Like

My husband had a shocked/horrified look when I told him about one (!!!) of my purchases. Thank goodness for separate credit cards, or he would be beyond horrified. Iā€™m just hoping all the orders are delivered with a sufficient buffer between them so that he wonā€™t notice too muchā€¦ (wishful thinking)

ETA: 7 Ansonia
case of Sabelli-Frisch Mission
4 Sparklers from Chris James
case of Maison Harbour
case of Finger Lakes RedNewt
6 Little Wings Rose
12 Veleta EVOO, 5 vinegar and 3 rice

ETA2: I conveniently forgot
3 Last Bottle Salmon Champagne
12 Franny Beck ā€œOur Wines Berserker Caseā€

2 Likes

Yes! Well-dressed and you get two cocktail hours each day. Spread the word. I feel like more people would sign up if they knew. [drinkers.gif]

4 Likes

You all are going to need to go on the WB legal forum under the topic of ā€œHiding communal assets while undergoing divorce proceedingsā€

2 Likes

I took it easy this year. Used Berserker Day to mostly purchase things I havenā€™t tried yet

Di Costanzo-new
Lagier Meredith-new
EMH-new
Red Newt-new
Ladd-new to the chards
Briceland
Walter Scott
Tercero-new to the Pinots
Iota
Vicent-new to the chards
Goodfellow
Championship Bottle
Schone Tal- didnā€™t purchase one of the BD offers, but went back to David for some more black label wines.

The big damage was receiving an invoice from a retailer confirming a big German riesling purchase just as BD was winding down. Doubled my spending immediately.

2 Likes

A small but well chosen selection :slight_smile:

6 Veleta EVOO, 2 cans of mussels to try
Sun Break - Iā€™ve been waiting to try the vermouth so I ā€œneededā€ to add enough to make up a half case - 2 ciders and 3 Pinots
Morgan Ranch Wagyu
Grassl Glasses

I also tried for 2 bottles from the single cellar offer but donā€™t know yet if I got either. Havenā€™t had a Special Burgundy in 20 years so I couldnā€™t resist.

1 Like

The '68? That one was my birth year but I was tapped out.

Are you recruiting? Itā€™s not something that Iā€™ve considered, but it would be nice to feel wanted.

1 Like

My husband says ā€˜noā€™, but maybe if I ask again after first happy hourā€¦?

1 Like

Wines:
12x Franny Beck Our Wines
6x Di Co
6x Big Basin mixed reds
4x Sabelli-Frisch bottles (flame tokay & new reds)
3x Keller Estate Peninsula Hotel blends

Non-alcoholic:
12x Veleta olive oil
1x Morgan Wagyu private selection
2x Flannery 60-day steaks
1x Smoking Goose Berserker Selection
4x Grassl 1855
4x Vyce tumblers

Mostly board favorites, but all but Big Basin are brand-new to me! My only morning-after regret is that my storage locker is 100% full. Better start drinking to make room before these ship!

1 Like

Are you saying there was a Monopole only offer for PG? Damn, Todd needed to promote that, he would have added to his Monopole numbers.

Did the Flatiron/Skurnik auction invoices finally come in? Iā€™m still waiting on mineā€¦

Back on topic, I limited myself this year to 6x Championship Bottle and 1x Grassl Voyage+.

I posted this on another thread but it fits here as well. I took it easy this year but still ended up with 43 bottles from 8 producers, 4 of which were new to me. I also bought Morgan Ranch beef and Nolaā€™s delicious tuna.

1 Like