The Alan Eden Memorial Poll - What Saxum Magnum should I open at BF 10.2

If you really want to open what he would have liked to drink, it would be the JAmes Berry or Bone Rock. Yes he would have loved the 07 but I’m quite sure any older vintage would please him well. Sounds like a great event Jay.

At no point did I say that it Mr. Hack is anything other than generous. This is undoubtedly going to be one hell of an event and the generosity is obvious. It still comes across as braggadocios and, it would appear, Jay is perfectly fine with that. Good on you/him!

I looked up braggadocios and the definition was boastful and arrogant. Jay is neither of these; he is generous to a fault, extremely gregarious and loves To entertain.

This is an amazing event, and if I haven’t said it before, thank you Jay for putting it on. This is a huge commitment, not just financially, but also the amount of work required to both set up and clean up afterwards.

Your comment was neither correct nor necessary.

I think this started with people giving Jay grief in a good-natured way but it does seem as if it has weirdly veered into something that is less obviously good-natured. I agree with Mark; Jay is being unbelievably generous with his time, his hospitality, his wine, his food, and his money. I can’t believe that anyone fails to see that. He deserves nothing but thanks and admiration for that generosity.

In some ways, Alan and Jay share the same thick skin and tendency to speak what they think, even if it’s not popular. Jay, be you, as always. So, whatever slings come at Jay, he’s one of the last people I would think is going to care. I can appreciate that.

You all are taking me way too seriously. I don’t know Jay other than his online persona here and, from that, I can clearly see that he’s a supremely generous and well-loved man. Rightfully so. Being a great person who is well-loved and with supreme generosity but with a propensity to boast a little aren’t traits that are mutually exclusive.

Hey, Jay, open that '07. neener

airplane - great invention.
kids - not so great an invention. [head-bang.gif]

plus… u aren’t opening the 2007 JB. is it even worth getting out of bed? :wink:

It’s entirely appropriate to pillory the OP in an Alan Eden homage thread.

True, but Jay is already having to deal with the Mets. neener

He is also a Jets season ticket holder. [oops.gif]

I wasn’t going to mention that–his plate is full.

Need I remind you again that your college team is known as the GameCOCKS.

^
My wife’s father and siblings went to school there.
(We didn’t) champagne.gif

You guys have a great “fest!”

Jay,

I know very well from my years of friendship with Alan that James Berry Vineyard was his favorite Saxum. I would strongly advocate for the 13 JBV mag. I opened a bottle of 13 JBV in his honor the other night (only because I didn’t have any mags in the house!)

Wish I could be there!

-Alex

I’m bringing an 09 JBV mag we can all crack at 10.2 today

If you really want to honor him you should flip half of them so you can drink the others for free.