Thanksgiving Day Wine Lineup

Welcome Joanna! Inlaws coming over who arent wine people. Will do DDO Arthur and Love and Squalor Willamette Pinot

Welcome, Joanna! Check out this current thread on the same topic: Thanksgiving Day Wine Lineup - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

Thanks for the link - didn’t see it. Clearly I need to spend more quality time on this site!!!
Cheers!

merging…

You have an appetizer course?

I thought most people just sat down to one big meal, in the mid-afternoon?

We’ve got a few Marines coming from Camp Pendleton so we’ll need snacks out for them, as the last time we had some all they did is eat and nap [wow.gif]

welcome!

2017 Keuka Lake Vineyards Vignoles Dry Amber and 2017 Thivin Côte de Brouilly in magnum. First opportunity to dig into that case of magnums.

2018 Stirm Los Chuchaquis Sparkling Albarino
2017 Bastide Blanche Bandol Rose
2019 Pierre Marie Chermette Griottes Beaujolais Primeur
2015 Vinca Minor Old Vines Carignan

Of course we have an appetizer course! What else do you do while watching lions and (tigers) and bears, Oh my!

By the way - I have located the Todd as Pool Boy photo. Soon to be posted!

Growing up, my family would have a traditional Thanksgiving meal with turkey, stuffing, etc., etc., all laid out on the table family style, but now that I often host Thanksgiving and I LOVE cooking and love tasting menus, I try to do more of a small fixed menu that I’ll generally bring out course by course. It’s just how I prefer to eat, and I figure this is a dinner that’s worth the effort. This year I’m doing 3 dinner courses (including an app course) followed by about 2 - 3 dessert courses.

I fear I"m stuck with ‘traditional Thanksgiving’ which means all the standard items (boring, have to work hard to spruce up turkey, stuffing, and potatoes) and served all at once on the ‘good china’. I like the course-by-course idea

I bet that’s drinking incredibly now - did you buy that from the $47.50 sale years ago?

I last opened one in 2012 and it was young but fleshed out with air.

Based on a positive note on this site about the previous vintage, I picked up a 2018 Hofgut Falkenstein Krettnacher Euchariusberg kabinett. Looking forward to it.

I paid $70 so obviously I got ripped off!!! I’d buy ANY Jadot mag for $47.50!

Big crowd this year, so lots of wines. All of them are US but for some desert wines and the Sauternes being poured with the seared foie gras. (We are doing trad T-giving too, but with some extras. Starters, soups and so on, not unusual in my experience in any case.)

2015 Rhys Bearwallow Blanc de Blanc
2010 Peay Estate Chardonnay
2013 Rhys Horsehoe Chardonnay
1986 Chateau de Fargues Lur-Saluces Sauternes
2010 Anthill Farm Campbell Ranch Pinot Noir
2012 Patricia Greene Ribbon Ridge Pinot Noir
2009 Saxum Broken Stones
1989 Hermann Weber Ludwigshoher Honigberg Silvaner Eiswein
1998 Peller Vidal Eiswein

Eggs and potato chips sounds cool, especially with champagne. Any trucs/tricks? Do you just break the chips up and mix them into some scrambled eggs, or something more unusual?

Bubbles - 2013 Under the Wire Brosseau Vineyard
White - 2015 Matello Whistling Ridge
Rose - 2017 Enderle & Moll “Pur” Muller-Thurgau
Red - 2014 PGC “Berserkers’ Cuvee”
Port - I have a drinkaqble Taylor Fladgate LBV around somewhere, but by the time it gets to port time…
Planning back-ups as necessary.

2012 Marcassin Chard
2014 Ferren Pinot

Biggio Hamina PN, haven’t decided which one yet, also Goodfellow “The Crack”

Given free reign i’d probably drink ONLY gamay on Turkey day but alas, we’re hosting a mixed crowd so allowances have to be made [wink.gif]

Haven’t made our picks yet (too much new-house prep and food stuff to do before the in-laws arrive), but I’m sure there’s going to be a magnum of bubbles and some Tavel in the offing while we fill our faces with canapes before the main event. Gotta crack some bigger WA cab and some Zin for the in-laws, some off-dry riesling and hard A for my sisters-in-law and will probably stash a burgundy, cru bojo or OPN off to the side for Lauren and I to sneak when the timing allows. I got some Turley Cinsaults last time I was in Paso that I’ve been curious about so I’m pretty sure one will make an appearance once i get a few in me and am feeling exploratory. Got plenty of mezcal to share with our DF transplant friends who are joining us as well. Might update the post once we firm up our picks.