Thanksgiving Day Wine Lineup

Family gathering of 30 , I’ll bring a bunch of whites, a few Cali-cabs, Veuve GD and some ancient PX.

Was going to have a couple of the 1994 Ravenswood Zins from the Once and Future library offering but they haven’t shipped. Deciding on a Plan B.

Great call!

deep frying a turkey in the back yard

Is that even legal in NYC anymore?

Over in Milwaukee, WI, they just arrested some poor guy [who had been homesteading in an 8’x8’x20’ hole in the ground] for being an hermit.

Before you know it, they’ll outlaw breathing oxygen.

2008 Veuve Clicquot Rose

2010 Morlet La Proportion Doree

2012 Aubert UV-SL Pinot

2017 Roy Piper - it just arrived. I like to taste one bottle and put the rest in storage.

Also might try SQN Rose that winery graciously sold for .01.

Please, people. This is the day we celebrate our independence from the French. No French wine.

Someone get Nate a calendar. Or a history text. Or both

champagne.gif [snort.gif]

needs more gamay folks.

not sure how we’re starting but im bringing a magnum of clos de la roilette 2014 tardive.

Going with

2009 Domaine Arlaud Charmes Chambertin

2017 PYCM Bourgogne Blanc

Henri Billiot Brut Reserve NV

With some good bourbon and craft beer sprinkled in.

champagne.gif

I live in the burbs, outside the city limits. I fried one for a Berserkerfest in my back yard and Ned and Randy didn’t have me arrested (they weren’t there), so I’ll take that as a good sign. We do it on the grass away from the house but we’ve never had a problem.

Everyone who is coming appreciates good wine, and I am not getting any younger, so my guess is that I will break out some good stuff and go for these. Other than a bubbly, I like to keep it New World for such a holiday.

2000 Charles Heidsieck Champagne Brut Millésimé
1998 Araujo Cab (Yes, I know 98 was a bad year but I have had the wine blind and it is great)
2001 St. Jean Cinq Cepages
2007 Saxum Broken Stones
2001 David Bruce Pinot Noir Central Coast
2004 Aubert Quarry Chardonnay
2017 Sine Qua Non Tectumque (my son loves their whites)

and for dessert
1983 Taylor Port

You’re a good man, Jay.

A 2 hour decant will help that 2013SS. My daughter and her boyfriend are still talking about it when they drank it the second day (no decant first day).

Yeah my plan is to pour a small taste and then pour the rest into a decanter a couple hours before the prime rib is served.

Funny. But the point is “what’s with all the French wine?”

It’s really good. I am headed to the shop today to get a few bottles for the extended fam to drink. I’ll look first to domestic wines but if I don’t find anything in the range I want, I’ll have no qualms about going with french or, more likely, Italian

For the older adults:
Pinots: Kutch and Anthill Farms Peter’s Vineyard
Zin: A few Carlisle’s
And a couple of Peter Lauer rieslings for the wife

For the young 20-somethings:
Whatever odd bottles of wine I have laying around that I place no real value on. I’ll plop a case on the table and tell 'em to have at it.[cheers.gif]

Thinking of going “oldish” Pinot, probably 2007 Pisoni and 2004 Calera Selleck. Hard to go wrong with a Carlisle too.

With the immediate family so probably some things the wife and I like…subject to change of course.

2015 Peter Lauer Ayler Riesling Senior Faß 6
2001 Arcadian Syrah Garys’ Vineyard
2011 Franck Balthazar Cornas Chaillot
2000 Arcadian Pinot Noir Francesca’s Cuvée
2016 Kelley Fox Wines Pinot Noir Momtazi Vineyard “Tir”

Was just down in the cellar plotting my strategy - I’m going to start with side-by-sides of the 2016 & 2017 Goodfellow Richard’s Cuvée and Durant Chards.

Then I’ve got a vertical of the Berserkers Cuvée - '13 & '14 courtesy of Patricia Green, then the '17 from Marcus.

Should be fun.