TCG Microlot Coffee-The best part of your day is waking up to a cup!

Similar to the wine world, we generally taste a lot of good coffee so it takes something extra special to get a “wow—that’s good.” Since we have been roasting since 1996, this kind of coffee needs to stand out in so many ways. Great coffee doesn’t just happen, it comes from passionate people investing in and building better systems to create brighter futures through bolder cup profiles. We recently won the best coffee roaster in our area for 2022 and want to share this success with these microlot coffee offerings.

The coffees in this microlot offer were some that gave us that wow factor. That is the great news—the bad news, there are simply not that many coffees out there that rack up those kinds of responses. What makes it even trickier is that it’s rare for there to be very much of those exquisite coffees available—typically a crop only fills a few bags, maybe a couple dozen if we’re lucky.

These coffees are fully traceable to the producer, and come with information such as variety, farm elevation and specific processing details. Plain and simple, these coffees are truly top-shelf, and we are very pleased as a small, single batch roaster to work with this outstanding coffee.

Here is the beginning of your journey!! A selection of some of the best known coffee growing regions, these coffees are the best of the best—enjoy.

You will receive 2-8oz sealed, one way valve bags of each coffee. All of these coffees will be roasted to a City/Medium roast upon order and will be shipped the following week. These are small production coffees so we are limited in the number of orders we can take.

$99-- shipping included–for 4# of Microlot Coffee. Use discount code BD2023 to get free shipping.

Click this link to place your order.

https://www.thecoffeegrounds.com/coffee

Mexico-Guerrero

Farm-Finca Cerro Azul

Variety-Bourbon, Typica, Oro Azteca grown at 1100 masl

Processing-Anaerobic Natural

Tasting Notes
Intense, sweet and smooth with boozy fruit acidity, floral, red grape, ripe berry and chocolate flavors.

Feliciano Adame is the producer of this exceptional lot. His farm, Finca Cerro Azul is situated on the southeast coast of Mexico in the Guerrero region near the city of Atoyec De Álvarez. This area, although lower in elevation, is very tropical and diverse benefitting the coffee. The combination of humidity, rains, shade, and nutrient-rich soil results in sugar-dense cherries that are then processed
meticulously by Feliciano and his team.

Costa Rican-Cerro San Luis Micromill Grecia, Naranjo, West Valley

Farm-La Alquimia

Variety-SL-28 grown at 1300-1600 masl

Processing-Yellow Honey

Tasting Notes
Sweet with a syrup like mouthfeel and tangy fruit acidity; balanced, apple and caramel flavors.

Cerro San Luis Micromill is a family business run by two siblings and their spouses, who own and operate both farms and a small mill in Grecia, in the West Valley. In the interest of improving their quality and remaining competitive, they have focused on growing different varieties, and about 4 years ago they replaced their older stock with newer coffee varieties.

Colombia-Cauca

Farm-Finca Juan Martin

Variety-Gesha grown at 2050 masl

Processing-Natural

Tasting Notes
Very sweet with intense floral perfume and a creamy mouthfeel; jasmine, berry, cherry, baking spices, chocolate, and lime flavors.

Finca Juan Martin is an innovative and experimental farm. The goal and focus of this project are to cultivate, harvest, and process different varieties in order to develop appropriate practices for each step toward optimum coffee quality. Located in the highest area of Sotara, just 30 mins from Cauca’s capital of Popayan, Juan Martin is dedicated to developing environmentally-conscious practices as well as providing jobs to community members with educational opportunities

Yemen-Haraaz

Farm-Mahal Aqeequl Yemen Drying Station

Variety-Tuffahi, Dawairi, Jaaadi grown at 1900-2440 masl

Processing-Natural

Tasting Notes
Sweet and tart with praline, lemon, dried berry, and coriander flavors.

There is much to be excited about in the world of Yemen coffees: For one, the specialty-coffee market there has seen some improvement and growth in the past few years, as the quality-focused work of entrepreneurs have gained attention. Another relatively recent development has been the discovery of and research surrounding the genetic diversity of varieties found in Yemen.

1 Like

Costa Rican SL-28…yes please. Then I got to the Gesha. Then the Yemeni! Definitely purchasing tomorrow.

been buying from Eric for years. 5 stars (out of 5).

I’ll be in and out of the site today. Heading to a golf outing, so i’ll do what i can to answer any questions.

I’ve been buying these for awhile and so long as they are offered, I’ll keep buying them. Wonderful selections and they stay fresh (to my tastes) for awhile. Order in.

Order in, can’t wait to brew these!

1 Like

Order in…look forward to these every year!!

Love these guys. Annual purchase

Ordered! Very excited to force my better half into upping her coffee game.
How long do they stay fresh while sealed?
What is your preferred method for serving? assuming pour over without getting too high level.
Happy BD14

Will these ship all at once or is there any way to space out the shipping?

@Eric_Nelson link in the offer doesn’t work for me. I need to manually copy and paste it into the browser

1 Like

I had the same issue as Chris, using my iPad.

A must-buy every year, in!

Annual purchase. Great way to up your coffee game.

In for a set, an annual purchase for me too.

Done! Annual purchase for me too - and doesn’t count against the wine budget!

1 Like

I’m having trouble with the link, as well, but no problems when I copied and pasted.

Question for you about the “Anerobic natural process” coffee…is that basically carbonic macertion for the coffee cherries?

I’ve been buying for a few BD’s. I look forward to this every year!

Loving those complex coffee tasting notes.