Tasting groups in MN

Hello everyone. I was wondering if there are any tasting groups in MN? I am a solo wine drinker and looking for more exposure.

It’s too cold up there . . . but my nephew is getting married in June in Mnpls and we were thinking of flying out a day or two early if we can get together with other wine consumers. I am not sure of the exact date but I will let you know and maybe we can share some stuff.

3 days would be more appropriate.

@craig_v used to run an offline group when we lived in MN. Not sure if he still does.

1 Like

Do you have anything worth drinking? :head_bang: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Seriously though, the wedding and related command performances are June 3 and 4. I am thinking of either June 1 or 2. The Twinkies are playing at home on June 1 and June 2 and I may have access to a luxury box for my family one of those two days. If so, I would love a wine dinner the other day. If I can’t get the luxury box, then I would prefer wine on Friday.

I have MOSTLY California rocket fuel, with lots of Saxum, SQN and my share of MacDonald, Myriad, Scarecrow and similar items. However, if that is not to your liking, I can also provide some '05 Mazis, '06 Corton GC and an occasional 2000 or 2005 Bored-doh if you prefer that, but the Bordeaux is second growths.

Jay, while I appreciate your sincere response, I was making a tongue in cheek dig at this forum’s favorite 3-day wine reviewer (based in MN).

I’d be interested in something like this!

can’t tell you if they’re still active/resident there, but Brad Ballinger and Tom Warren had offered to partake in OLs in my “Who Likes to Offline” thread for Minneapolis, could maybe reach out to them :slight_smile:

Calling @Tom_R_W @Brad_B_a_l_l_i_n_g_e_r :slight_smile: I’d love to plan an event. I can host and make some nice food here in Minneapolis or host in the private room at Manny’s. I have some older and newer first growths as well as some others to contribute

Hi Sunny!
Yes, interested! I’m in northern MN, but frequently in the Cities. Either of your plans sound great.

I’m heavy on CA, some going back into the 80’s/90’s, a good amount of old school CA which seem to appeal to old world drinkers.
I have very much enjoyed my forays into Bordeaux.

I’ll add a couple of names of those in MN.

@Ron_Erickson
@Christopher_M_Morgan
@Thomas_Keim
@JmCarriere
@craig_v

Any other Minnesotans we should add?

2 Likes

I have some first growths and some old right banks to contribute depending on theme, and also some cult brand more recent vintage CA wines I’ve never tried, too

My wife and I are interested! We’re in the northwest suburbs. Love Bordeaux and older Napa cabs. Also reasonably well stocked in champagne, Loire reds, Oregon pinots and Chablis (mostly Fevre).

Hi Tom - thanks for the note - I’m heavy in Burgundy/Bordeaux - and have limited time available, but am located in Saint Paul so I’m not far from anywhere in the cities.

1 Like