Taking A Break Between Two Flights with DRC and Raveneau

This was an amazing evening in every way (let’s not forget food and company), theme for this evening was Pomerol (mainly 2001 and 2003) and nine exceptional vintage Port (all 1985).

Taking a break between two flights we tasted …

• 2005 François Raveneau Chablis 1er Cru Montée de Tonnerre - France, Burgundy, Chablis, Chablis 1er Cru
    Displaying palate-cleansing freshness with lemony fruit flavors and creaminess, full bodied with low acid and silky minerals. This was soft and delicious but not a wine and vintage for lovers of classic Chablis.

• 2005 Domaine de la Romanée-Conti Echezeaux - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Echezeaux Grand Cru
    After all the Pomerol power this Echezeaux was showing supreme elegance, finesse and weightless power with beautiful lifted black fruit, sweet spice and a savoury finish. Way too young but oh so good.

Posted from CellarTracker

Two flights of Bordeaux with the Burgs in between? I was thinking airline flights; what a nice layover!

Cheers,

Warren

thanks for biting the bullet on the DRC – I’m sure it was difficult to drink such a young wine :wink: . And Raveneau is always fantastic, especially so with age like that. Any chance we might get to see notes on the rest of the tasting?

Last thursday night at Xavier was great but not for my note-taking skills, here the CT notes from Xavier ;

https://www.cellartracker.com/classic/event.asp?iEvent=36103

BTW, due taxi time I missed the last two bottles and I was surprised how much I liked the 1985 Port flight on this night!

Warren , maybe a good idea a flight to BDX and a Flight to Porto with a layover drinking … champagne.gif

Thanks for the link! Quite a lineup you all drank – lots of great bottles in there.

Seems like a tough life. Whatever it is you do, please let me know. I feel my mid-life crisis coming on, and figure it’s time for a change anyway! :slight_smile: