Tailgate question - what's the most expensive wine you have ever drank from a red Solo cup?

It doesn’t compare to some of the wines in this thread, but one of the guys who frequents our tailgates was a big Napa collector in the 90’s. In the early 2000’s his wife quit drinking which left him with a massive collection of wines that now just sit in his cellar untouched. Most of the whites and pinots are past prime at this point but the cabs are still fantastic for the most part. He needs to get rid of these wines so badly that he always brings a few bottles to any occasion where there is a chance someone might appreciate them. Most recently he brought a '95 Plumpjack Reserve which we split between four solo cups. Fantastic.

I don’t remember what we drank it from - more than likely I brought some cheap sturdy stems - but a couple of friends and I had a great 1998 Dehlinger Octagon Pinot at a very rainy Indian Princesses campout several years back. Fortunately that was cabin camping and not as miserable as it could have been. The wine is now legendary with my buddies.

In 1992, we shared a bottle of 1986 Silver Oak with Bob Lurie, Al Rosen and Roger Craig, in their office at Scottsdale Stadium, after the spring training game. There wasn’t a glass to be found so we used the little dixie cups from the water cooler. Do those count?

Never a memorable bottle from a solo cup but I did once drink 89 yquem (cheers Jay) with a straw sucking it off the table when someone tipped the bottle by accident…

You sir are a Wine Berserker!

Baller!

I’ve had 91 Jaboulet La Mordoree Cote Rotie from a styrofoam cup – I think Parker overrated it but it was still a darn good wine