T/N: and Holdredge Ego Alert - '09 Mazie Rose Pinot Noir

• 2009 Holdredge Pinot Noir Mazie Rose - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (7/28/2014)
    It’s been 2 years since my last bottle, and boy, was I rewarded. Dark purple/lavender color. Slow-oxed for 90 minutes before drinking. Delicious > progressing to Yum, continuing on to Oh Boy! This was an elegant wine that was just a little chewy, in a good way. BBQ salmon with Janet and Lew.
    If you’re sitting on a bottle, drink now and enjoy its sweet spot. (92 pts.)
    =================================================================================================================
  • 2009 Holdredge Pinot Noir Mazie Rose - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (9/20/2012)
    Drank this at Bouchon in Yountville. Corkage is $25. On P’nP, I tasted spice. This is a mid/dark-color pinot, not the dark slutty type of Central Coast. I tasted cherries and another dark flavor that I couldn’t identify. At 60 minutes, there was a hint of liquorice + dark flavors that I still couldn’t put my finger on. At 90 minutes, the wine was opening up and smoothing out. This is delicious. No rush to drink. I’ll save my other bottle until 2014. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker