T/N: '08 Paumanok Riesling Late Harvest - Long Island NY

• 2008 Paumanok Riesling Late Harvest - USA, New York, Long Island, North Fork (11/6/2011)
    Finally opened a bottle after 2 years of cellaring. Drank with Steve and Susan in Houston. Purchased after a tasting with Charles at the winery. Darker golden color than I remember. Citrusy and taste of apricot. This was thicker than 2 years ago, but not syrupy at all. A very nice mouth coating with a very long finish… 45 seconds. The taste just went on and on. I’ll save my other bottle for a special occassion… like an upcoming wedding! (91 pts.)
  • 2008 Paumanok Riesling Late Harvest - USA, New York, Long Island, North Fork (9/6/2009)
    Tasted this recently bottled wine with Charles at the winery. We were told that this bottle is still in ‘shock’, but still found it delicious# Plenty of fruit apricot Sweet, but not at all syrupy Tasted pretty darn good to me, my wife, and daughter This had a long lingering finish 45 seconds One of the longest I’ve tasted Can’t wait to re-taste my bottles $50, but $40 to club members and guests# 24 cases produced# Alc 110% Brix 34#3 Residual Sugar 14#3% #i##b##92 pts###/b##/i##/list#
    #i#Posted from CellarTracker[/i] 92 points

I opened a bottle of this in September 2010, left 4 ounces in the bottom, screwed it shut, and accidentally threw it in the cellar. I found it 13 months later. It had developed a wonderful roast pecan depth, still had nice acidity, and excellent length.