Syrah/Viognier cofermented from Biggio Hamina

The recent thread about cofermentation with Syrah and Viognier got me thinking that I should offer the Berserkers some of mine. Our version comes from the Deux Vert vineyard which is located in the Yamhill-Carlton District of Oregon’s Willamette Valley. The vineyard is all Marine sedimentary soils at an elevation of 350’ and is located in between Willakenzie and Shea vineyards. These vines were planted in 1995.

We brought the fruit in mid October that year and layered the Viognier in the low to middle portion of the fermenter. It is 100% whole cluster and 17% Viognier and spent almost a month in that fermenter. We blended all the press wine back into the free run and barreled down into six Oregon oak barrels, with one of them being new. There they slept for 57 months on their original lees until I racked for bottling.

The wine is called XVII, is cork finished and retails for $40. My BerserkerBuys offer is a six pack and and free shipping for $217. To order just send me an email: todd at biggiohamina.com - Please include your phone number and I will call you and work out the details. Thanks.