Surprise at the response of latest Rhys offer

I love Kevin’s wines. I think they are first rate. I am totally saturated with offers and still loving Burgundy.
My money right now is a little more focused. The wines take time too! I wish them success with the release.

2 Likes

I’m really not sure what you are saying.

It sounds like you think a person needs to drink wine from a specific winery in order to take other customers at their word that they will no longer buy wine from said winery.

I also don’t need to have personal involvement in the case in order to understand the basics provided in the report. That is why there are reporters… And again, all I did was summarize what other actual customers in the thread had said in reaction to the situation and settlement.

So yes, it was a nice two-fer. Thank you.

1 Like

Typical Auburn fan. Grrrrrrrr… :wink:

Pricing increases + wetlands debacle + loads of other equally interesting wines in the world = easy for me to move on but also enjoy what’s left in my cellar.

1 Like

For those citing the wetlands issue…do you drive?

So, it’s either “shut up and dribble” or we are hypocrites for signing off?

They were required to remediate the harm.

Do you plant trees to counter the effects of your driving?

More in-depth: my wife worked industrial environmental remediation for 23 years. I got to follow up close in detail. What Rhys did, while disappointing, was the equivalent of a gnat’s spittle to what is done to the planet on a daily basis. It made good copy, and got some environmental defense lawyers good resume padding, but it was a fart in a windstorm overall.

I’m not sure the defense of the Hypocrites can handle the offensive power of the Turncoats. Maybe they can keep up with them for the first half, but I just don’t see them holding up over a complete game.

Unleash the kraken!

exactly my feelings. And I’m just not drinking enough. I still have cases of Rhys. Love it.

Count me as another in this camp. I really do like Rhys, appreciate the care and effort they put into creating their wine but bought too much of it from early hype. I just own too much of it to buy more, and while I really do usually enjoy it when I pop one, I more often find I prefer to reach for a Village Burg as I tend to be more producer focused there.
For me the Whites still are often more impressive. I have a OWC 2013 Rhys Chardonnay Horseshoe Vineyard which I have been itching to crack into.

Feeling a little bit similar. A bit of burnout perhaps.

For things I order year in and out and there’s nothing new, I just feel indifferent.

For things that are new and shiny, or taking a unique turn, or finally getting the call up; that I get behind more.

No doubt there’s no shortage of lists and opportunities.

For those upset about Rhys moving some dirt around on their own property, I have some bad news for you about how Bordeaux was made.

2 Likes

A full case of 2013?

Good luck with those corks….

But that was in France. What do we care? [berserker.gif]

Auburn has a hockey team?

1 Like

Somehow never see a “Saintsbury Fall release is open!” posting either, and they used to be hot shit. Wine is as fickle as fashion.

You moved.

To where?

From the UK to LA?

1 Like