Sun Break Pinot Noir and Chardonnay 2023 Futures + Spring Offer

It’s time for Sun Break Wines’ 2023 vintage futures sale for Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. And this Spring we are also offering***$25 flat-rate UPS shipping*** on all solid or mixed-case online orders of Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, vermouth and sparkling cider. Both offers are valid through May 31.

Some of you have joined me for barrel tastings over the last few months, and the consensus is that the 2023 Pinot Noir and Chardonnay are tasting great. Three stellar vintages in a row? Sweet!

The 2023 Pinot Noir shows great flavor intensity, mellow but structured tannins, with a touch more natural acidity than previous vintages. On the flip side, the Chardonnay shows a more body and richness than 2022, with a touch less acidity. Interesting how the Pinot and Chardonnay took different paths.

Futures are $237/case ($19.75/bottle), almost 50% discount from the expected retail price. (If applicable, UPS shipping and local tax charges will be added to your invoice.)

To order, or for more information reply to this post or DM me and let me know which Pinot(s) and/or Chardonnay you would like to reserve (full case increments please). For example:
I’ll have a mixed case of Pinot and a case of Chardonnay for Fall shipment. ” or
“I’ll have one case of each wine, but ship me a mixed case every 6 months over two years.”

Deadline: May 31, 2024

Pickup, delivery and shipment options : delivery and/or shipments options are flexible, i.e. when it’s convenient for you (there are no cellaring fees). I’ll be in touch in November to check on your preferences.

Available Futures

2023 J Marie Chardonnay , Royer Vineyard, Eola-Amity Hills, Willamette Valley: this Chardonnay features bright acidity and minerality, balanced with just the right amount of body and texture. The aromatics and flavors already pop with citrus, tropical fruit, white flowers, and a hint of struck flint minerality. No new-oak barrels used!

2023 Colette Pinot Noir, Cortell-Rose Vineyard, Eola-Amity Hills, Willamette Valley: 100% destemmed fermentations. We again will feature all six clones from the vineyard: Pommard, Wadensvil, Dijon 114, 115, 667 and 777. A 100% destemmed Pinot tends to have more fruit extraction and intensity, and more natural acidity than the whole cluster Ariane .

2023 Ariane Pinot Noir, Cortell-Rose Vineyard, Eola-Amity Hills, Willamette Valley: 100% whole cluster fermentations. This year for the first time, all six clones are available as whole cluster. A 100% whole cluster Pinot tends to have softer and lighter fruit flavors, less alcohol, more tannin expression with added savory and spice notes from the stems, and less natural acidity than the destemmed wine.

2023 Marie-Paule Pinot Noir, Cortell-Rose Vineyard, Eola-Amity Hills, Willamette Valley: a blend of the two fermentation styles, to be determined in the Spring. Similar to other two Pinots, we will use all six clones from the vineyard. My goal for the Marie-Paule is to combine the best of both fermentation styles for added nuance and complexity. In theory this Pinot should be the best of the three, but everyone has their preferences depending on their palate, food pairings and cellaring plan : )

Can’t wait for futures? We have plenty of 2021 wines left (and just a few 2018 cases) and Spring a great time for Willamette Valley deliveries or shipping. Enjoy*** ***$25 flat-rate UPS shipping through May 31. Reply to this email or order online here (No discount code is needed online-- the shipping discount will appear on the final payment screens.)

Thanks for your support!

1 Like

Sweet!! Very interested in this. Looking forward to tasting in a couple weeks. Thanks for fitting us in

2 Likes

Put in for a couple cases here. I have been on team sun break since the 2019 vintage and am really happy each time I drink one. Solid honest pinot noir at a very reasonable price point. Have been passing these wines on to friends and colleagues as exemplars in the under $40 Pinot category with great reviews every time.

Thanks David and keep it up!

2 Likes