Subscribers are now Grand Cru Crü

Based on confusion by new registered members over the years on what a ‘Subscriber’ is, I’ve changed the Subscriber group to Grand Cru Crü

1. it’s much cooler - all your friends will be jealous you are part of the Crü
  2. the ‘Subscribe’ button is GONE so Subscribers/GCC members now don’t see anything about ‘subscribing’, as the invite to join the ad-free experience of the Grand Cru Crü is, ironically, an ad, which disappears once you are part of this small but highly sought-after group.
  3. you get all the same benefits as before - the MUCH larger signature allowance, the pre-launch BerserkerDay purchases and sneak previews, and the respect of your peers.

flirtysmile

ALT+0252!

Wow … I finally made the In Crowd!

flirtysmile

This is your new reality - get used to it.

How long does it take after payment before it shows GC status?

It’s a manual process, and I had the nerve of eating dinner - you are in!!! Welcome!

Ha…thanks! Now go have dessert!

Just added a sweet feature to Grand Cru Crü - as if they needed any more trick functionality - only they are allowed to hide online status! When you login, you can click ‘hide online status’ as some are prone to do (not sure why, frankly) and you can be online but the ONLINE ribbon doesn’t appear over your avatar. Non-GCC members can select the button, but it won’t work!

I think you need an extra benefit - Whenever a member of the GCC starts a new thread, it should be a stickie for at least, let’s say, 6 hours. Just kidding. It’s a great idea that is also really stupid at the same time. How about if you do that in the Politics thread just as an experiment?

How about any GCC member who posts a thread, a system-wide email goes out to all 23,000 members? How else can we highlight the importance of the group?

I suggest that all Grand Cru Crü members be given the ability to put another person Jay Hack on ignore for everyone for a period of six hours, once a week.

I think some GCC members who wine-related contributions are of no value should have to pay more than those who make a valuable contribution. Hey, Toddd has to monetize his retirement somehow.

Since I can’t afford Grand Cru, it is nice to be Grand Cru!

Yes, how about a bottle of Grand Cru (Burgundy preferred)?

So what the hey, is Coley too lame to be part of the Crü??

I mean, I know he is…but still:
Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 6.18.33 PM.png

Nice catch! Actually, you calling him out is maybe embarrassing…I show no record of him being a Subscriber/Grand Cru Crü, going back 6 years! Now I have to remove his badge (and that’s why his didn’t correct itself, apparently)

Charge people to lurk! You’re brilliant, Todd!

But we knew that.

Well, with the new software, each group had to be given permissions to hide their online status, so why not give the COOL group those permissions, incentivize the others??

Ugh…that dude scares me enough as it is – now this?? I’ll have to send him a bottle of wine before he shows up at my door with a bat.