Stranded on a deserted island - 1 wine, 1 beer, 1 spirit

How do you know he didn’t mean Alan Eden? [snort.gif]

Tempier rose
Tesseron 29 for night sipping and Sangria mixing with the Tempier and tropical fruit.
Red Stripe…I’m on a deserted Island, just seems right, since the jerk spices washed up too.

What a great choice. Probably would pair better with foods you would find or catch on an island.

Beer Kronenberg
Spirit Frapin 1942 bottled by Harvey’s Cognac
Wine Taittinger Comtes 1995 (too hot for red)

Dauvissat Forest (Les Clos if you have the $. Exclude premox please)
Alpha Acid Juice Bro IPA - growlers chilled
Cognac - I’ll send the producer by smoke signal

my choices were better and he hasn’t posted.

Can’t I just have one bourbon, one scotch and one beer?

While your choices were good and I’d take you up on your offer I was referring to the dope I instantly thought started this thread after reading the title rather than you

Much simpler choices, and like Jay, I will not ask for things I’ve never had:
Wine: 2012 Williams Selyem Estate Vineyard (at least one per day for the ten years)
Spirit: Eagle Rare 17 yr. old;
Beer: I am simple - Firestone 805 or Stella

• Jeroboam of 1971 Dom Perignon
  • Magnum of 1964 Laphroaig at cask strength (aged completely in oloroso or PX sherry cask)
  • Barrel of London Pride.

Domaine du Pegau Cuvee Reservee, because I love it and I import it.

Lunch. For the ignorant few that do not know, this is an IPA from the Maine Beer Company.

Everclear. For the scorpions.

Dan Kravitz

78 Rousseau Chambertin
1966 Dalmore
Dos Equis

Had a hard time not choosing champagne, and cases of 96 Krug, 88 Winston Churchill, 02 Salon, 99 Comtes, 2002 BS Nicky Fancois, etc. would be pretty damn divine. But I figured beer could take the cold drink, scotch the late nights, and a Burg chosen by Fu to keep me inspired to go on living. As for the beer, I live in a desert island like climate. Hot as a hell all the time. As much as I’d like a serious beer, something cold, relatively simple, and refreshing has got to be the go to.

Beer?? This is a wine board, boy!

Not sure the propane would last all of 10 years, but that aside, you’d probably want a wine you could store under sea water. I can think of nothing better than Raul Perez’s ‘Sketch’ which has already been aged under the ocean already and would not be out of place.

Some tequila would be nice, especially if the island had limes, and it could double as an antiseptic if you ever get caught on a sailfish’s horn or scarped skin on some nasty volcanic rocks.

. . . Sorry, I just could not resist.

1989 Giacosa Collina Rionda Riserva

Treehouse Julius

Pappy 20 year (older bottling comprising S-W stock)

Hot Deserted Island:

Leflaive Montrachet 2002
Eight Hundred & Five
Hanger One Vodka

Cold Deserted Island:

Paul Hobbs Beckstoffer To Kalon 2002
Pliny The Elder
Don Julio Blue Label 1942

Michael Broadbent called the 1862 Borges Terrantez his desert island wine and I can’t disagree. I’d go with an Augustiner Brau Helles for the beer. Need something refreshing. For the spirit, Delamain Vesper.

'10 Raveneau Montee
I’ll go with Brother Alfert’s Lagavulin 25
Augustiner (Salzburg)–fond memories after a particularly parched day of touring

This really is a fascinating question. I wonder at the end result of a decade of the same top quality wine. Even if one only has it once a week (beer being the daily drinker) would one notice the evolution? Many wines will change quite a bit over a decade, but absent any reference points I wonder if one would somehow miss that. I guess the beer is a reference point maybe.

Regarding the question, at the risk of over analysing, I think the idea of a freezer full of ones favourite foods is a bit of a cop out that sort of defeats the purpose of being on a dessert island. So I more or less ignored that in my response. A monotony of wine should be paired with a monotony of food. (I’m thinking fish, fruit, obviously and the occasional wild boar once I learn how to throw a spear).

If I only get to take one album…Waiting For Columbus