Stranded on a deserted island - 1 wine, 1 beer, 1 spirit

I drink a lot of Laphroig, but doesn’t the 25 use some bourbon barrels? I really like the younger bottles.

How does a man so sophisticated in wine and style pick Johnny Walker!?! :wink:

Hey, did you like those shoes I texted you today?

I think so. I’ve tasted it only once, long ago. Made quite an impression. Out of my price range, but this is a fantasy hypothetical. What’s always in my cupboard is a bottle of Lagavulin 16 and Macallan 18.

Yay!!!

If I can’t be stranded with Jay…

Current vintage Peter Michael Point Rouge. Going white wine cause it’s tropical.

For spirits, I WILL find a mixer, but I’m going vodka instead of rum: Star of Russia.

For beer, Westies.

I need a wine I can keep cool in the ocean, open without a cork screw, works well when warm out and does not tire my palate. So I will go with an Ode to Lulu from Bedrock.
Beer? I never tire of Collette from Great Divide. Belgium Farmhouse with a unique smokiness.
Spirits, an oaked tequila. So let’s go with a Suerte Reposado.

Since a deserted isle means tropical fruits like coconut and bananas, I want some rum.

For the beer, Samuel Smith’s Oatmeal Stout.

Doubt I’d want wine, so can I trade that for Sarah Shahi?

I said Nut Brown, but that Oatmeal Stout is stoopid good.

1999 d’Auvenay Chevalier-Montrachet (in deference to the tropical climate)
Cantillon’s Ganevat beer
The best spirit I ever had was a 1945 Fine de Champagne Cognac shipped by André Simon, so would go with that even though it’s even more implausible than assembling a pallet of either of the others.

Ok, I’ll play.

1978 Ramonet Montrachet
Heater Allen Pils (forgive me Rick, but I’d also like sufficient tomato juice, lime juice, hot sauce, Maggi Arome imported from France, Tajin, and ice for the occasional Michilada)
Ardbeg. Any of 1974 Provenance, 1976 Manager’s Choice Cask 1391, or my friends and my bespoke ‘72 The Ardbeggeddon. None of that GlenMonsanto shit for me.

Alan MIGHT be there. Then again he MIGHT be a volleyball. But as long as that volleyball comes with a giant bottle of DRC, you might be all good.

The first two are easy:
Old Speckled Hen
Eldorado 25

Wines a problem. Leaning white given the context. But thinking of a decade of evolution. Taking this under advisement and will report back shortly.

I think I’d go with refreshing and tropical for the beer—Corona or whatever.

Same with spirit—some good aged rum—not that picky.

Wine either ‘89 Haut Brion or (from my much more limited Burg experience) ‘99 Prieur Musigny.

Ok I think I’d go for something like Egon Muller Wiltinger Scharzhofberg Riesling Kabinett 2017. Delicious now and great to watch it evolve the first half (third, fourth?) of its journey. Take the rest home with me when rescued.

Weihenstephaner Hefeweisebeer

Roederer Cristal 2008

Pappy Van Winkle 13 Year Old Rye

cantillon fou foune

don’t really care about spirits…

wine - hard to say… does the island have ice/refrigeration/proper storage?
drc la tache…

This one? [cheers.gif]
AADE5CC0-AA13-4004-8807-E904EA5B82F5.jpeg

I’ll share if you bring suitable hors d’oeuvres and maybe duck for dinner.

I can still smell it—incredibly complex! And the ‘01 Meo Clos Vougeot and ‘96 Jadot Bonnes Mares were almost as good. I’m starting to gain an appreciation for how challenging it is to catch a great bottle of a great Burg right at or close to peak maturity. Between wines from our table and the celebration behind us we nailed it multiple times that night!

2012 De Ponte Dundee Hills Pinot Noir - Perfect every time. We’ve drank cases of this and could drink it forever.

Flying Dog “The Truth” Imperial IPA - Incredibly well-balanced IPA local to us in Maryland.

Eagle Rare 17 - Would settle for the standard Eagle Rare but this is particularly special. George T Stagg is another favorite from the BAC.

Mark, I’d probably want an occasional Michilada myself! Vincent, spoken like a winemaker!

I’d go with 2016 Cameron Clos Electrique, Ransom Old Tom gin, and my Pils (which I would drink first since it has a limited shelf life)