Stouts

If anyone comes across an extra(s) BCBS Coffee… PLEASE let me know. Dying to try it.

[ResizeableImage=][/ResizeableImage]

I’ll look for some and will drop you a line if I’m successful.

Also I know that Evolution in Lakeview is putting some out tomorrow. They also got some Boltcutter, the BA Founders Barleywine, that are getting put out tomorrow. I also know the Cherry will be harder to find. Uncork’d sold out according to my friend but still has Coffee. Happy hunting.

Breakfast in a bottle! One of my all-time favorites as well.

Mackeson’s Stout is also an all-time favorite of mine, but it is a sweeter one.

yeah, Mackeson’s is a bit too sweet for me, and if it were less sweet then it would be too thin for my preferences.

Will, the Ballast Point Victory @ Sea, I had it 2X this week. On tap at a local place and also picked up some this week at Total Wine and drank on T-Giving. The Laguna Hills location has some. If they won’t/don’t ship, tell me and I can go get you some and send it to you.

FWIW, had a Mikeller Beer Geek Breakfast with dinner tonight. Really enjoy that oatmeal stout with coffee. Very good.

FMIII – Thanks but I found some at Bottle Barn the other day. I like them and I have a few laying down to age – but I prefer Speedway Stout. The vanilla was a little too pronounced for me, curious to see if that ages out.

Thanks! Will make it worth your while if find one/some.

a coworker dropped off a Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout at my desk today…suppose I’ll open it tonight!

open/serve at/around room temp and enjoy

Matt,

That will be delicious today, but even better 3+ years down the line.

Big fan of Rogue Shakespeare, Deschutes Obsidian on nitro, and Guinness.

Had it on draft earlier this week - very sweet. I’m going to hold on to mine for a while.

Olfabrikken Porter is one of my favorites. It’s been too long since I’ve had one to give a good description, but it’s hearty enough to call stout, and it’s fantastic.

Yes yes yes, I did pick up the boubon county, and the goose island coffee, but what compares to the old sammy smith oatmeal of 1997-2001? Christ, I loved the Hop revolution… but bring back the sexy stouts!!!

And to reiterate…Dark Lord is Great… But Beer is to be consumed by the masses… Such supple beer… the kind that tears are made of… Please Please Make more of it! There is also the old stand bys… the two hearted that that have been there for over a decade

To add a few:

Parabola
Abyss
Berserker from Midnight Sun
Trumpeter from Skagit Brewing
Kentucky Dark Star from Fremont
B.O.R.I.S. and D.O.R.I.S.
The oatmeal that was in the Sierra Nevada Beer camp pack this summer

Oh shit- Old Rasputin.

Had Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout the other day. A nice change of pace from the dark, massive stouts that I’ve had lately.

Mother Earth Brew Silent Night is a good one. I am a big fan of all the Mother Earth Beers & it doesn’t help they are here in NC.