Stop me before I buy again!

well poppy said to try getting pregnant. I personally am having trouble getting pregnant. [snort.gif]

I’m now on this path. I have no doubt this will not help.

I’ve been doing it and I find now that I don’t have the proper occasion to open them up. And I’m not drinking them with my $10 take out Chinese dinner.

Somehow, I doubt that the spouse would embrace the logic. “See, honey, I’m not buying a lot of wine, just expensive wine!”

That’s why I don’t have one of those things… champagne.gif

David, we’re praying for you.

Enablers central, here.

Poppy, excellent Bob Wood photo.

David. Don’t worry about getting pregnant, just go for the bigger house. There’s always the Nancy Reagan solution.

RT

I was just at my off-site storage. There was a newly-emptied locker right next to one of mine. It looked real nice. So lonely, too, all empty and stuff like that with no lock to keep it secure and safe . . . .

Im a widower but im in the market for more control in my life.

I have to constantly remind myself that there will always be another vintage of the century, another blockbuster bottle of xxx that I just have to try, and another cutting-edge, rising producer that I simply must taste to understand what’s going on.
I’m not a major league collector like a lot of folks here, but I already have more wine than I “need,” whatever that means.
What I do need is a perpetual, personal reminder that I buy wine because I want to drink it with my wife and select friends, not because I’m working on a collection to one day pass down to my 3 month old son.
But yes, restraint is hard.

No kids here, so all the more reason to eventually exercise restraint. The cats only drink recent vintage milk.

This last wave (as in tidal) of shipments has finally put me on tilt. I have a large pre-fab walk-in unit at home and now I am finding myself needing outside commercial storage (with wine still in the garage that needs to be properly stored). My “undoing” is principally the result of:

1. Abandoning a bunch of lists, but buying more wine than that through other sources, e.g., emails from brokers. Also I bought interesting wines discussed on WB, e.g., Ceritas, Greer, Pott, etc. (which I don’t regret, but which still add to the bottle count).

2. Purchasing less expensive wine, but at the same time buying a lot more bottles–adding to my bottle count (and am feeling the pressure of needing to drink up these wines because they aren’t built for the long haul).

So things sort of snuck up on me–incrementally. That’s my story and I am sticking to it.

I am now going to revert back to buying fewer but (o average) more expensive bottles. I realize that this won’t “save” me any money, but I’ll be able drink off things that need drinking in short term and not feel so swamped with wine.

I think it’s come to a head for me. Tracking email today from s single unnamed retailer: 27 packages. 1,051 lbs. That’s the second biggest shipment this Spring…

Todd-did you buy an elephant from IKEA?

Thanks for explaining that, Charlie Fu.

I am dreading the assembly.

I have experienced the same difficulties. While I have tried the budget and increasing my price point to slow down my purchases, I have discovered that all of the wonderful information is almost too much and my purchasing has not really slowed down. Instead, our everyday drinking wine is of better quality and I use the server room at work for my overflow wine. The standing joke is that people will take it out of the sever room and I won’t know. Too bad for them, I have that inventoried as well.

One of yours? You thought we’d miss that, didn’t you? :wink:

Don’t worry, I have more than one also…