Stemware on "Cougar Town" = Fail

(That think looks like a candle holder, not a wine glass. No wonder Courteney Cox looks bummed.)

Eric Asimov is branching out in his latest column:

Red Wine Is the Drink of Choice on ‘Scandal’ and ‘The Good Wife’

That is because Big Carl, her previous glass, died a horrible death. See the glass shards on counter. It’s a fun show and there is a lot of wine involved. :slight_smile:

Thanks, Shannon. I’ve never watched the show; where did she get that monstrosity of a “wine glass”?

I believe it is a candle holder. They’ve used various items for her “special” named glass, brought out only on dour occasions of grief, and I think the original was a vase they saw in a hotel room and repurposed. Many of her giant glasses have passed away and been appropriately mourned.

It is a cute show when it comes to wine and, Big Carl’s aside (now our in-house name for any overfilled glass), they normally have quite decent stemware and often fairly well known wine on display as well. (Mostly really big reds.)

I’ve read an interview that there is no product placement but the producer/creator (whose wife is the best friend on the show) does put his own favorites on screen and if a couple of free cases from grateful makers happen to fall into his cellar, he’s OK with that. :slight_smile:

We also call overfilled glasses Big Carl. From experience even a Zalto Universal can be Big Carl. :slight_smile:

Watching “Cougar Town” = FAIL

Ha! Small world. We always quote the line where Jules says: “I don’t know why they say a bottle of wine holds four glasses. I only get like one-and-a-half.”

Cougar Town clip “RIP Big Joe”

\

All EDITS because I couldn’t figure out how the YouTube link embed function worked in the forum … Speaking of #FAIL. (But finally got it. No “https” allowed.)

Thread on Cougar Town in Wine Talk = FAIL.

;-$

Elitist pig! :wink:

Seriously, it was the Asimov article which featured that picture that I thought was worthy of a thread. The title was just a tease. Anyhoo, it’s better than another 60 pages of MI bashing.

The Good Wife on the other hand is great.

Shouldn’t Big Carl be filled with a Rombauer Chardonnay?

Jordan wines are the wine of choice.

At the onset of the new season of “Scandal,” ABC’s prime-time soap-drama, Olivia Pope, the lead character, has fled Washington, D.C., and world intrigue for exile on a tropical island with Jake Ballard, her sometime lover. The only evidence of the rest of the world is a boat that shows up with an important delivery.

“We got the ’94 du Bellay,” she exclaims to Jake of this fictional Châteauneuf-du-Pape. “Only 100 bottles ever made, and now we have five. This will change your life.” He doggedly sticks to beer.

1994?

I remember seeing a bottle of “the prisoner” on there once. It was the first mainstream show I remember seeing with a bottle that was clearly over $30 on.

Ever hear the story Jayson Pahlmeyer has about the movie Disclosure and how a fortuitous delivery of wine to Postrio changed his business and his life? Great story.

This made me laugh…

Then this made me laugh more.

k.

She needs that size of glass for the botox binge her lips went on.

+1

What exactly is Cougar Town? A TV show? Cripes!

Also the nickname for Dallas.