SQN Questions

I looked at the email I sent them

u have email archived since 2009? wow… lawyers!

Gmail does

been on the mailing list for approx 14 years and yes i have been requesting full wish list every single offer

Anybody know anything about these wines? Any reviews out there yet? Maybe it’s in the release letter but I haven’t gotten it yet

Sounds like I will never get offered a magnum. I buy every year, but have never wish listed and in some offerings I only order 6 of the 9 offered. Oh well.

Appreciate you taking a hit for the team… champagne.gif

Yes, the WA (William Kelley) released reviews this week:
2016 Sine Qua Non Grenache Dirt Vernacular – 96
2016 Sine Qua Non Syrah Cypher 16 – 96+

Also the spring EBA release:
2016 Sine Qua Non Deux Grenouilles White – 94
2014 Sine Qua Non Grenache Testa dei Cherubini – 98+
2014 Sine Qua Non Syrah Capo dei Putti – 96+

Does SQN contact you before they ship your wine? How is the shipment scheduled?

yes…they will email you to confirm the shipping address few weeks before

They send you an email to update address ect ahead of time. It may not have an actual ship date though, but I’m sure that would be the time to make any requests if you have conflicts. You then get a notice from the shipper that it is in process.

Mine are shipping! Current temps in S. CA are in the mid-to-upper 70s (and all over the place in Boston). Although they confirmed my address, the first I heard about a shipping date was the UPS emails with tracking numbers (2 boxes, 1 for white, 1 for reds).

CHRISTMAS: In October…9 and 1/2 years after signing up for Sine Qua Non’s waiting list, I finally get to drink some wine! (Well maybe not immediately lol)
IMG_0237.jpg

More photos please! So, the syrah is wrapped in black? I don’t want to unwrap mine, but I want to label which is which. :slight_smile:

Black is Syrah. U can’t read through the black but u can read through the red paper. And it says Grenache. :slight_smile:

NECESSITY: Is the mother of invention
IMG_0239.jpg

Mark, be careful with aging them in the paper. I had mold problems in my Eurocave and now only put the EBA bottles on shelves and always unwrap them. YMMV but it made a big difference for me.

Oh dang really? Good to know!! Thanks!

Would removing them in the tissue wrappers have any effect on their future auction value?

Just curious, even though I plan on drinking them. I removed the wrappers and stuck them in the OWC, which is so attractive, I had to make turn it into furniture lol.

I can’t effectively speak to the future auction value. While I would prefer to keep them in the paper…they’re more beautiful that way; yet I also want to keep them from collecting mold & moisture in the Eurocave.

1 Like