Spätburgunderstudy03 - Hainan Chicken House Sunday Feb 25th

I am doing a Spätburgunderstudy on Sunday, February 25th from 12-4 at Hainan Chicken House in Sunset Park Brooklyn. Spätburgunder is improving by leaps and bounds for a multitude of reasons. Obviously global warming is helping but also the young growers are very passionate about Pinot and have traveled to other regions, notably Burgundy, to learn. They are searching for the best sites, clonal selections and applying what they learned in both the vineyard and winery. Baden is clearly the most advanced but I am currently extremely excited about the Mosel. Sad to say the Ahr is still making too many wines in the older style of extraction and oak, there are a few bright spots there but I can’t get the wines in the U.S. In the Mosel Jonas Dostert, Martin Müllen (Martin’s son Jonas is in charge of the Pinot program) and Phil Lardot are three I would recommend.

If you are interested in trying a wide array of Spätburgunders this would be a great opportunity. I will be bringing a case or two from my cellar.

And just to be clear these are non profit events where the cost of the tickets go to the restaurant for food, corkage, space rental etc.

If you can’t come I would recommend the restaurant its excellent and they have a reasonable corking policy.

Spätburgundstudy

Tickets

3 Likes

Apologies this sold out in record time. I have many more events coming up including a rieslingstudy at Pizza Beddia this upcoming Super Bowl Sunday and a big rieslingstudy in April in Memphis with DJ Muggs plus many more.

You heading back to Detroit anytime soon? :grinning:

I don’t have a date yet but I definitely would like to.

1 Like