Southern Rhone Lovers... Where Can They Be Found

Drank a ton 1998 thru 2013, been in a lull. Part of it is the posting on Parkers board making me want to try things, part is just trying other things. The place in my heart for Rayas, Pegau, Mordoree RdB and a few others cant be replaced…love them.

Jayson and Jay,

Somewhere on this board is an exchange between you two about running the other way when I come to town, despite how charming Gail is, because I might bring a CdP. That alone should be evidence enough since Gail’s charm is universally recognized.

Is should be obvious that we were joking as I’d never really pass up the opportunity to have dinner with Gail. I could always dump the CdP in the nearest flowerpot when you weren’t looking. I often travel to offlines with flowerpots for just that purpose. By the way I think I deserve credit for holding on on my Colney Hatch comment for several days. I wanted to make it when the thread first started but decided to let the real conversation take place for a while until I couldn’t resist any longer.

Haven’t really bought any since the 2010 vintage. Like a bunch of folks, I got tired of the extreme style of so many of the wines and drifted away.

In the last few weeks I have had 2015 Cayron Gigondas, 2009 Pegau, 2015 Saint Damien Gigondas Souteyrades and have been inspired to do some targeted 2015/16 buying because I honestly forgot how much I love these wines when they aren’t totally stewed alcohol bombs. Or have any perceivable oak.