Sonoma sparklers for Thanksgiving?

I’m going with an all-Sonoma lineup this year (gratitude just seems appropriate in this context). Does anyone have favorite sparkling wines from Sonoma wineries? I’ve enjoyed Iron Horse’s from Green Valley but I’m sure there are others. Style isn’t so important, we enjoy anything from off-dry to zero dosage, and from fruity to bready. Thanks!

Charles Heintz Deana Nicole, available from ACME Fine Wines in St Helena

Cruse Wine is technically from Petaluma, in Sonoma, I believe. I love their sparkling wine, can be hard to find depending on where you are, though. Haven’t had Ultramarine but the Cruse sparkling ones I’ve had were really fresh, enjoyable. Thanks to fellow LA rookie GAParker for introducing it to us.

Under the Wire is a project from Chris Cottrell and MTP of Bedrock. I haven’t had it but it seems well-regarded.

J Winery is in Sonoma, I’m not sure how the quality stacks up but it’s a fun visit :slight_smile:.

Inman Family Wines has a very nice sparkler

A crazy bargain is Navarro brut, which is a sparkling Gewurztraminer, of all things!

If you were going to serve lobster tail or crab, this would be an exceedingly fun pairing. The fruit matches well with crab and lobster steamed and pulled apart.

I haven’t had the current release, but in the past, it went very well with shellfish served straight up.

Inman does great sparkling wine. I always like Iron Horse because it reminds me of the place. And Dianna Novy is doing her own sparkling project now called Flaunt – http://flauntwinecompany.com/story/

To be a little bit self-promotional (even though it isn’t my own label), my wife, Dianna Novy Lee, has started her own Sparkling Wine Company. She made the wine a few years back and is just releasing it now. Pretty limited supply and sold direct primarily… http://www.flauntwinecompany.com. I wasn’t convinced and have since put it in a couple of blind tastings and its done quite well.

Just a heads up. The others mentioned are obviously pretty superb as well.

Adam Lee
Clarice Wine Company and Siduri Wines

Oops, Tom beat me to it.

Gloria Ferrer Royal Cuvée

Ultramarine if you can find it.

Any of the Amista sparklers though I prefer the BdB.

A crazy bargain is Navarro brut, which is a sparkling Gewurztraminer, of all things!

Ahem, Navarro is Mendocino county.

Benovia just released their first bubbly.

A lot of good suggestions, I was also going to mention the 2012 Benovia that was just released although I have not yet tried it. The Ferrer Royal Cuvee is a good recommendation, I recently did my share in depleting the stash of the 2004 in a local grocery store. I’m also a fan of Under the Wire. But, those aren’t so easy to obtain if you didn’t already buy them off the list and they are also on the young side when they are released.

-Al

And, unless you’re talking about the “Lambrusco” Bedrock Vineyard Sparkling Zin (which does show really well young) then these are AFAIK all Monterey and Mendocino county fruit.

Robert Hunter