Some Wines from The Coat Door

Had some of the regular suspects over last night for Burgs and Pork from Caw Caw Creek http://www.cawcawcreek.com/.
Wasn’t such a great night for the Burgs.

2006 Blain Gagnard Chassage Montrachet Morgeot-Nice enough.Oily. Full mouth feel. Spring fruits. Slight heat on the finish. Decent value.

2001 Jean Noel Chassagne Montrachet Caillerets-Tough, angular, not quite right. Hard on the finish. Weird.

1997 Drouhin Laroze Clos Des Beze-Beautiful pinot nose. Downhill from there. Slightly austere, but nice weight that gives way to somewhat green and hard finish. Not great and not going anywhere good.

2002 Domaine Cortochot Maxy-Chambertin–Red fruit, but a lot of structure. Came on as the night wore on, but still not sure about this one. I wouldn’t care to have more.

2005 Faiveley Nuits Saint George Les Porets-Holy crapping hell young. We knew it, but it was for the sake of research. 3 hour decant and wrapped tight to the end of hell. Meadows says 2015+…he aint kidding. Core of cherry fruit that will be nice one day…when my 10 year old kid graduates from college…

2005 Faiveley Nuits Saint George Les Porets-Holy crapping hell young. We knew it, but it was for the sake of research. 3 hour decant and wrapped tight to the end of hell. Meadows says 2015+…he aint kidding. Core of cherry fruit that will be nice one day…when my 10 year old kid graduates from college…[/quote]

Well thanks for taking one for the team. I must have taken my que from AM since my CT says start drinking 2015.

Jason

Yeah, I have that Burghound review in my CT as well. It was Bowden’s fault…he likes to post about drinking '70s and '90s and the such, but he’s really a baby-killer at heart.