Solution to my spouse's Dry January

First of all, DRY JANUARY??? If ever there was a month to drink (especially here in the Pacific Northwest)! The longest, darkest month begs for libation.
Ah but fortunately, I have the key to escape reality. Half bottles.

15 Likes

Prine says there is another key to escape reality, that you can still do California dry January.

8 Likes

That didn’t take long! I wondered if anyone would recognize the quote.

2 Likes

That thinking, seems to be surfacing more and more frequently in elite circles.

My solution (my wife is pretty dry all the time these days and always when it comes to Champagne):

3 Likes

These work remarkably well and I find that I enjoy bubbles a little more the next day once they’re not 120psi.

3 Likes

+1. I’ve found these to be the best type of Champagne stopper - better than the wing type - because they work for all bottles (including other sparklers, some with more rounded flanges)

I read the thread title and thought you were going to say she suggested you spend more time with your mistress. This is better.

1 Like

:joy: I can endure her cutting out alcohol for a month. On the other hand…

1 Like

What stopper is that?

WAF Champagne stopper by Walter Fortunato. Amazon sells them for $23.75/ea. $7.95 from Crate and Barrel.

4 Likes

divorce?

Sadly I just learned the hard way not to try to leave the bottle on its side with one of those. I thought it would hold, but instead returned to a wet refrigerator and half of my bottle missing. :tired_face: At least it was only 2012 CdC…

1 Like

I keep a few of the t-stoppers from various spirits bottles. One of them is inevitably a nice snug fit to stopper leftover champagne (or larger beer bottles).

My stopper doesn’t seem to work on Under the Wire bottles. I need to try this C&B one.

1 Like

We have a number of Champagne stoppers. I think only one has been used more than 5 times.

Who doesn’t finish a bottle of Champagne after popping the cork!?! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Im a huge fan of these stoppers. They work incredibly well.

Rabbit Champagne and Wine Sealer (Velvet Black) Amazon.com

This is the one that doesn’t work on Under the Wire (Bedrock) bottles.

Hi Matt.

My wife doesn’t like Champagne (40 years ago at Krug, she was gifted a swizzle stick!) and l like a glass or two nightly. I prefer Champagne from 750, rather than 375, so I stopper 750s.

Let’s do a redo with Paul R at somewhere other than that tapas place.