SOLD OUT Vincent - Oregon Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Gamay

It is five o’clock somewhere. Decided to open up a 2018 Vincent Pinot Noir Tardive with a late lunch of Chinese steamed pork buns. This is my second bottle–and wow, has this added some weight. This is primarily from Silvershot Vineyards in the Eola-Amity Hills. Somehow this didn’t meet the criteria to be bottled as a single vineyard though. On the nose there is a top note of hyssop and a bit of anise. Secondary note full of black cherry. Base note of camphor. The taste lets you know this will be better with age–lots of acid and a bit of hairy tannin–but the black cherry and camphor envelop the mid. Long 30+ second finish of black cherry and floral notes.

So happy to buy more of Vincent’s Chardonnays (house favorites) and looking forward to trying his gamays.

order in. A past BerserkerDay discovery

In for a creative sampler case. Have bought and tried a few of Vincent’s wines and really enjoyed them. First time buying direct. Vincent made the buying process very easy.

in with a purchase of the Gamay - very excited.

I worked with Vincent’s wines (and did a few fun tasting events!) many years back while buyer at a wine shop in Berkeley, CA and I can’t tell you the amount of times I had folks come back looking for more - positively addicted.

If you’re reading this and you haven’t tried them, get to it!

I’m trying to decide between Gamay and Ribbon Ridge, myself… new hotness or old faithful…?

Ryan, that’s so cool, thank you. And… go new hotness!!

1 Like

Just ordered a case-email on the way.

Thanks Vincent!

Thank You Vincent.

I’m hopelessly biased, but these are some of my favorite Willamette Valley wines. Buy with confidence.

1 Like

Thanks Saul, I appreciate that.

Wonder if I have to count any purchases in my “cellar inventory reduction” thread if I have them sent to niece and to sister-in-law as gifts? Oh, shit, I might have to try some myself.

Hahaha champagne.gif [winner.gif]

Loved your Gamay last year! Just emailed for the Gamay and trying the Chard for the first time. Your wines hit the mark!

Maybe that should be your next label, “Hopelessly Devoted?” I know you’re a big Olivia Newton-John buff.

2 Likes

Excited to try all three varietals

Finally got around to ordering - in for a Ribbon Ridge 6, and a Gamay 6. Do not sleep on the gamay, It’s the new Morgon, now that Morgon is too hot to produce good Morgon!

Order in for Eola-Amity pack. Excellent stuff across varieties. Pinot/Chard are great but if you haven’t tried the Gamay, in particular the Bjornson, I think it’s at the top of the list in Oregon along with Brick House.

Wow thanks all for the kind words. I’m doing my best to keep up, super stoked for all the new faces I’m seeing interested in the wines. And you old timers too like Marshall Manning! pileon [berserker.gif]

In for 3 6-packs. My first dive into Vincent Wines. Looking forward to trying them.

2 Likes