Slight TNs: 2009 Jamet CdR & 2002 Bouchard Meursault Perrieres

The 2009 Jamet CdR must be the greatest Syrah QPR in the world. If I could, I’d buy 10 cases and it would serve as my house wine for…well, not that long actually. This is better than most proper Cote-Rotie. Intense dark berry fruit, big structure, fairly ripe and rich (2009!) but as it opens up with air, there’s this superb inner-mouth perfume of white pepper, blood and violets that is full-on unmistakable Cote-Rotie. Terrific juice. Stupendous really. If you want to cry, this goes for 14 euros. In the expensive stores!

The 2002 Bouchard Meursault Perrieres is meant to be a great wine…and it is. You never know with these wines these days, but this is the kind of bottle that proves – beyond the shadow of a doubt – that Chardonnay is exemplified and defined in Burgundy. Full stop. Unqualified. Wet rox, bright green fruit, a hint of mint, succulence, and a terrific finish. This particular bottle would go another 10 years with improvement, easy. But the next one? Maybe not.

White Burgundy = when it’s on, it’s ON. And vice versa.

Thanks for the heads-up on the Jamet; I’ll keep my eyes peeled for it. [cheers.gif]

As difficult as it is sometimes to find the Jamet Cote Rotie in the US, I usually manage.
However, I never find the CdR - anyone have a source?
I don’t know about 10 cases, i’d just settle for a few bottles.

Thanks for the tip, I’ll look for this.

NY retailers pricing in Euros these days? Or is this the price in France?

it’s the price all EU countries i’d imagine.

My sentiments, exactly. I tasted this (2009 Jamet CdR) from an un-labeled botlle at Jamet’s tasting room at Ampuis last March and was wishing after that I would be able to buy in the US. One very good CdR.