Sicilian Wine Dinner LI NY 3/25

I have a few seats available for this educational Sicilian wine dinner. The dinner starts off educational with an Etna Flight, then a flight from Vittoria, but then shifts to just enjoying 4 courses with other wines paired.

10 wines, 6 different Sicilian grape varieties.

3 minute uber from Stewart Manor LIRR station.

$160 per head.

Let me know if you are interested as soon as possible please and/or if you have any questions.

1 Like

Will be there.

Very much looking forward to this, Joe!

1 Like

Bumping this. 2 seats remaining if anyone is interested.

@Joseph_Grassa did a bang up job with this.

The diversity of wines, styles, price points, etc. really gave the sense of an encompassing overview.

Restaurant was truly special.

My WOTN
2021, Arianna occhipinti, iL Frappato
(100 Frappato)

Nose comes and goes, but when it’s on it’s an assault of perfume, a person too hot to be comfortable, a bombard of flowers.

Fresh in the mouth. Some herb and rough stuff with the fruit.

Great wine, but not too full of itself. Floral through the end.

Here are some pics. As usual, I forgot to take pics of most of the food, but I do have 1 of the pizza! Fresh Mozzarella, sauce, eggplant, and traditional Sicilian Ricotta Salata (not related to Ricotta you are thinking of).

The wines in the back (hard to see in the pics) that were paired with each of the courses were

2017 Benanti Pietra Marina (Carricante)
2014 Calabretta Vigne Vecchie (Nerello Mascalese)
2013 Gulfi neroMaccarj (Nero d’Avola)
2018 Donnafugatta Ben Rye Passito di Pantelleria (Zibbibo)
Arriana Occhipinti Grappa di Frappato

I agree with @gavin.f that the Frappato showed really well. That was after about 7 hours slow ox. Upon opening it had quite a bit of funk that dissipated somewhere between hour 5 and 7.

The 2014 Vigne Vecchie also showed very well on the night and was remarkably well paired with pizza chosen by Chef Gigi after I offered him a glass a few weeks prior.

1 Like

Sad I missed it!

1 Like

Get ready for some others!

I am backed up with a bunch going on but I will certainly get a few others going soon!

Occhipinti Frappato is such a pretty wine.

1 Like

That looks like it was awesome. Am sad I missed it too!

If you like the '21 Frappato and you like your nose (gently) assaulted with Occhipintian goodness, get some of the '19 Cerasuolo di Vittoria, “Grosso Alto”. Also a banger.

1 Like

Right?!

First time for me.

Bam. Thanks, Phil.