Should We Have Threads For Specific Beers Or Producers?

Seems like most thoughts are in the “What Beer Are You Drinking” thread which has been great. I have added a bunch of beers to my must try list as well as become aware of producers that I have always passed over or not noticed, but it is a pain to go back and find thoughts on a specific beer.

Especially when I consider someone new to the board. That thread would be extremely long.

I know there are some threads on specific beers but it seems like most things are ending up in the “What Beer” thread (Which is great). I definitely do not want to see the “What Beer” thread go away. I check it everyday and love the we can just pop things up there with not too much thought.

Not pushing for this but wanted to hear others thoughts.

Jason

I have wondered about this myself when I am ready to post a note on something. Not sure which way to go with this.

Yessssssssssssssss! Yes, yes, yes. A separate thread for specific beers or producers. Something. Anything. I tried reading through that beer thread and actually decided to try and take notes but became exhausted (and thirsty). That thread is just way too long.

my vote would be for “do whatever floats your boat, man.”

I’ll usually throw a list of beers I’m drinking in the “what BEER …” thread if I have nothing or next-to-nothing to say about them. if I feel like I actually have a legitimate TN to post that’s when I consider a separate thread (and, of course, “legit TN” will mean different things to different people – it’s all good).

now, if somebody were to start a producer-specific thread, i would contribute to that thread as i drink brews from that producer.

I kind of dig this idea, the more that I think about it. As much as I follow the “What BEER…” thread, I know that I am missing quite a lot that comes through there. I think that having a separate thread for individual producers…not brews…I could follow those and find a producer that I enjoy and work through their beers specifically, rather than getting stuck in the rut of just trying one style of beer from many producers. As I have done so far.

For example, I typically pay attention to the IPA recommendations, but I rarely then follow through on seeing what else the producer has to offer. I have done this just recently with Green Flash out of San Diego, and I have been very pleasantly surprised with how much I like the other beers they have to offer over and above the West Coast IPA.

Long story short…I am all for it.

Please do. The more specific, the easier it will be to learn about different styles, where it is all not grouped in one all encompassing “what are you drinking” post.

As a WB noob that’s been working on getting through the “What Beer Are You Drinking” thread, I think it’s this is a great idea.

I elect Brian to start the ‘An Afternoon with Racer 5’ thread

I’ll agree with Brian about “do whatever you want”…and I’ll also point out that there are already many threads dedicated to certain beers and styles…there is the Stout thread, I’ve started a few on Sierra Nevada beers…there’s even a “Chelada” thread…so these threads are already out there, and if you want feel free to start a new one!!
Also, the “what beer” thread is only like 8 pages long, and I feel that it doesn’t have tons of discussion, but is more of a “roll call” if you will, peppered with suggestions and questions of availability

If you have a beer, throw up a thread/TN that has the name of the beer in the title, just like in Wine Talk. When I post notes from our in-store tastings (when I’m not too lazy, which is mostly lol) I start a new thread. If you’re just knocking back something yummy and wanna let everyone know, toss it in the longer thread. Why not?

Man, it scares the crap out of me when Tryba makes sense!

No worries Zach, he’s reached his quota for 2010. But non-sense out of Peter is better than sense out of dullards.

I can’t tell if I was insulted or complimented, so I’ll just nod with a non-committal smile and walk away. haha

Easy to figure out. If you’re in the “better dead than boring” camp it’s good, if you’re in the “better boring than dead” contingent, not so much. Just observing, but I don’t think there is a whole lot of long dull stretches in the Tryba lifecycle.

Of course, soon you’ll be learning about the many exciting things that happen on Barney and Mister Rodgers.