SF/Peninsula Offline - April 10

Why do you hate America?

How about everyone post what bottle they’re thinking of bringing and then the group votes whether you’re in or not? :wink: :slight_smile:

Rob (who probably can’t make it this time) will do it for us to make sure it goes smoothly.

Let’s cap it at 12.

It would probably be easiest to have one person order. I just did that for a group of 14 at a really good Hunan place (Noodle Talk in Los Altos) and it went very well, with everyone happy to try things they wouldn’t have ordered themselves. If we decide to do it that way, feel free to peruse the menu online and let me know if there’s anything you’d like to try, then I can balance it out with other items.

I vote for the dishes on their home page :slight_smile:

I will bring a Peay Marsanne/Roussanne. A wine I love, that I also think the group will like, and should do with the food.

How about we guess what bottle they’re thinking of and then vote?

Whether they can come or not?

Exactly.

Letting Wes order is fine. As long as they kill at least one live animal in front of us and we eat it. Should go well with the Peay thing.

Fine. I’m going to follow my suggested theme the next time I drink alone. Then you’ll all be sorry.

You mean you’re not drinking alone even when you’re with us?

So cool - Who knew Wes spoke Chinese?!
That makes one of us.

Wes - being one week away, can you confirm whether we secured a reservation?

Yes, we have the room reserved. Rob is probable, so looks like we could add 3 more.

Btw, the terms for getting the room is a $300 minimum food order. As Rob said, we might have to order some lobster to get the bill up that high.

I vote for lobster!

Hmmm, does champagne match up with lobsters???

champagne.gif

Mr. Park, you are always welcome to bring Champagne. I think you know that [cheers.gif]

What doesn’t match up with lobster is Chardonnay (Chablis might be a different story).

Just FYI - I can’t eat shrimp, crab, lobster - I think it’s the iodine.
Ban?

What, there’s no pill for that? I really don’t think we should ban you for not being able to eat those foods.