Seeking Advice/Tips on attending Hospices de Beaune Auction

I will be attending the Hospices de Beaune wine auction this year.

I will be a part of a group intending to buy a barrel or two but our primary purpose is to experience everything and gather information to be a full participant (buying many barrels) next year.

What advice/tips/etc can anyone share ahead of the visit?

I am aware the official events run Nov 17 - 19 with La Paulee coming the day following.

Any and all advice is welcome.

My newly formed ITB email is kevin “at” corkvault “dot” com if you wanted to email me directly.

Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

Following here as well as have the good fortune of being in Beaune at that time. While I’ll not be going to any of the marquee events, I’d be keen to understand if there is anything else worth booking in advance(restaurants aside!) or doing over the course of the weekend from those who have been previously

We had the good fortune to be able to attend the barrel tasting on the morning of the auction. I’m not sure whether that is open to the public or just the trade, but if you have the opportunity it’s a pretty cool experience wandering among the barrels tasting everything and making your own notes on what you think is particularly interesting.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I very much welcome any recommendations whether that be certain restaurants, wine shops with good selections, or even a recommended place or winery to visit in and around Beaune.

Cheers!

I would recommend booking any restaurants over the weekend fairly soon as a lot were filling up or at least the ones suggested by people on these boards given the influx of visitors

On the Friday and Saturday before the Sunday auction there is a big festival at the Palais des Congrès in Beaune. Well worth the 25 Euros admission. Go early as it tends to get crowded

1 Like