Seattle restaurant update needed.

Thanks, Todd. Looks like we’ll go with Bangrak Market – table of 4 should be enough to get a few dishes.

1 Like

We actually ate at Bangrak on our recent visit, too. Definitely a very fun (& loud) place with overall solid food - not impressed with the curries we tried (maybe that’s not their specialty), but everything else was very good.

Might look into Off Alley. Off the beaten path in a crap part of town… but if you’re looking for a bit of Paris in Seattle, it’s worth a shot.

I’ll take Columbia City over Capitol Hill any day [stirthepothal.gif] . Definitely worth a visit to Off Alley from what I’ve heard from industry friends. If champagne is in order I’ll throw out a recommendation for Coupe & Flute on Beacon Hill as well.

1 Like

Coupe and Flute looks great! We used to live on Beacon Hill, wish they’d been around then.

Can confirm that it is a great experience. Brooke and her partner are wonderful and I’m so happy to see them doing well since opening. The food is fun and provides a variety of options from the Duck Mousse to the Spare Ribs to the Carrots we enjoyed each dish plus quite a few others that I can’t remember off the top of my head right now. The BTG options were wonderful and allowed the table to explore based on their palettes preferences with some guidance from the staff. Only problem I have is that it’s a bit of a hike from Magnolia.

Will require some advanced planning, given a limited amount of seats, but Beast and Cleaver does limited Thurs-Sunday seatings, branded as “The Peasant.” We’re headed there for dinner on 9/2 - 180/head for food + wine pairing.

I’ll argue they’re a top 5 butcher on the West Coast - lead butcher spent time at both Hugo Desnoyer in Paris (I was a regular there) and at Victor Churchill. Leans heavily on the French side, with rillettes, charcuterie and glorious pate en croute.

@peasantseattle is ridiculously good. $180 a head with the wine pairing, but good god it was ridiculously good. Couple of pics for your viewing pleasure.

1 Like

Thanks Andrew. What’s the 2nd pic? The broth???

They usually sell some type of Pate en croute like that in the store - excellent.

I live not far (about 1.5 miles) and shop there often, but have not done any dinners yet. Is it just a couple of tables and the 2 window counters or do they set up more tables in the back?

Was a couple of spoon-fulls of a sweet corn / carrot / oil / smoke soup. Could have killed a giant bowl of it.

They have 4 seats at the counter, where you can talk to him and watch him cook (and he’s super cool - comes over and talks to you, walks you through cooking techniques, etc) and then the few tables up front in front of the wine fridge.

Was a pretty fun experience, as we were talking about Rain Shadow, where the guy was the store manager for Russ for several years. I used to LOVE Rain Shadow, but they struggled quite a bit when they expanded to Pioneer Square, and the quality dropped. By that, I mean they went from Lopez Island / Jones Family farms quality to Painted Hills. Still good meat, but I can drive 2 miles to Met (I’m in Sammamish) for Painted Hills vs. 45 mins to meth-a-lonia for the same product. Was cool, as he realized I knew my Seattle butcher history and then gave us a tour of his walk-in, and talked about his dry-aging expansion plans. Was definitely a lot of fun.

Wine pairing was ok, for the record. I’d consider calling and asking if I could bring a bottle next time to add to the line-up. Hard to do a solid pairing and keep the price reasonable.

Brought my UK team to Radiator Whiskey last night.

I continue to swear by it as a classic Seattle experience - bourbon, soul food and great service… in a room illuminated by the glowing pink “Showgirls” sign. It’s Seattle, but barrel-aged. Just do it.