Seattle restaurant update needed.

Sorry for the confusion … We will be arriving at SEA late afternoon/early evening from different origins. We’ll be spending the night near the airport (for both cost and logistical reasons) and picking up rental cars in the morning then driving a few hours north. We’ll be returning the rental cars around mid-day a week later and most will fly out on red eyes late that evening. We will have a hotel room this last night to dump luggage before the flight departures.

I was originally looking near the airport simply for convenience. Something accessible by light rail or ride share might also work. Melrose Grill in Renton sounds like a possibility. Metropolitan and Bourbon Steak look great, but not clear how suitable they would be for a 3- and 6-year-old, and more $ than I’m hoping to spend.

Le Pichet is an old favorite of mine. I’m sure it’s still on the reasonable side, but is it casual enough with young kids ?

FWIW, it’s quite easy to get from SeaTac to downtown Seattle (or Cap Hill) via the light rail/train. Takes about 40 mins. Just in case that helps expand your (Scott’s) options!

There is a very nice, and reasonably priced hotel close to Seatac that I stay at when traveling called Cedarbrook Lodge. Very comfortable and quiet, with grounds around the place where you can wander about and simply relax. They have a really good restaurant as well. I’m often surprised by just how good the food is. It’s an easy ten-minute drive from the airport.

Ten minute drive??? It’s across the street from the airport. Great place, a hidden oasis, and great food. Highly recommend.

Five minutes finding a ride?

Maybe…walking. :joy:

Hijacking the thread… anyone been to L’oursin? Thinking about that and Walrus/Carpenter as dinner destinations when we’re there in a few weeks.

1 Like

I went to L’oursin, I think 3 years ago. Enjoyed it. Would go back.

edit, I guess 2 years ago
https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2913346#p2913346

1 Like

Hosting a dinner for my team while we are in Seattle later this month. Looking for recommendations in the downtown vicinity (our office is right by Pike’s Place if that helps). Willing to pan out to maybe 15min Uber, but looking for something fun for a group of 5-6; open to cuisine just not something too specific or unusual

Haven’t been to The Walrus & The Carpenter post-pandemic, but used to love it.

1 Like

84 Yesler is really good a group that size… food is very solid…

1 Like

13 Coins is the place you go after the clubs close and you need a shot of diner-grease at 3:00 AM. Great place, but not where I’d go for steak.

Fine dining near SeaTac airport? Or, that’s a needle in a haystack…

The restaurant at Cedarbrook Lodge would be the clear winner for me. Next one after that, Anthony’s in Des Moines, maybe?

I think there’s a Spencer’s for Chops in one of the airport hotels. I’ve been to worse…

Been to Surrell several times. Excellent but reservations needed.

Was just there for a few days - loved the french vibe at L’oursin, several fun wines on the list. Fantastic (but VERY expensive) meal at Westward, which we ended up at instead of Walrus and the Carpenter. Roast poussin with cherry hazelnut salsa macha was dish of the trip, and I promptly tried to recreate the salsa macha at home. So good. Plenty of good bites and good coffee downtown and around Pike Place - Le Panier’s ham and cheese croissant is a thing of beauty. Over on Bainbridge, the fish and chips at Proper Fish are stellar. On San Juan Island, Friday Harbor House restaurant was decent and a good choice for the views, enjoyed Madrona over in Roche Harbor more.

1 Like

I was there this past Saturday, we may have crossed paths

A follow-up on my request for dining close to SEA (the airport …). It turns out I’d forgotten how much fun it is to travel with children under 6 …

Our first day we ended up grabbing an early dinner at Pike Brewing, close to Pike Place Market. The young’uns were starting to “melt down” after a day seeing the sites downtown and Pike Brewing could accommodate the 10 of us easily while we got some food for the kids. The rest of us started enjoying some of their beers and we ended up deciding to just have dinner there before taking the light rail back to our hotel near the airport.

Our last night in Seattle, my wife and I booked a room at the airport Hilton before our early flight to SFO the next day. The other 8 all had red-eye flights that night, so our room was a good place to store their luggage before their flights. As Andrew noted, there is a Spencer’s for Steak and Chops at the Hilton, and we decided to eat there due to the convenience. The food was surprisingly good. We ordered a variety of their steaks, and all were prepared as ordered, tender, and flavorful. The sides were quite good too, and everyone was happy with the choice. It wasn’t inexpensive, but neither was it out of line for a hotel restaurant.

While not quite a Seattle restaurant, I want to highly recommend Bob’s Chowder Bar & BBQ Salmon in Anacortes. We did a take-away dinner for 35, including 16 orders of grilled King Salmon, and a variety of other items. Some of our order was still being cooked when we arrived to pick it up and it was obvious nothing had been prepared too far in advance. Everything was delicious and one of our group from Alaska proclaimed the wild salmon the best he had eaten. The manager at Bob’s mentioned this was the largest order they had ever done, and they got everything exactly right. If I was looking for a casual restaurant in Anacortes, I wouldn’t hesitate to eat at Bob’s.

4 Likes

Thought I’d resurrect this thread to ask for a pretty specific recommendation. I need to find a place to eat before a show on Tuesday at The Crocodile in Belltown. Would strongly prefer walking distance and outdoor dining. Any recs? Anybody tried La Fontana Siciliana? Their menu looks tempting.

Would also appreciate opinions on Bangrak Market, our dining companions are pretty high on trying it.

Can’t speak to La Fontana Siciliana but can say that I’ve enjoyed the food at Bangrak Market many times. Probably the best Thai I’ve found in Seattle and it’s more fun with a group so you can explore the menu a bit more. Other options that are close to the Croc would be Umi Sushi and Sake House and Le Pichet (both located on first avenue within walking distance to the venue).

1 Like