Scarecrow In Feburary

got an offer letter today for 2014 scarecrow estate…my offer is for march 1st, noon eastern time.

looks like price has gone up 10%?

750ml @ $330
mag @ $1500

Wow a mag is more than 3x mark up?

Sorry, but you can 2 bottles and a free .750 for less than a mag price…

To me that’s crazy… I’ve had it, was in the list and flipped it (paid for a number of great wines I own) I guess if $ is no object it’s worth it to you, but damn, there’s a ton of wine you can buy at that price. I would rather back full with the 91’ maya at that price…

Ditto
And it looks like my allocation dropped from 6 to 3.

Same and not guaranteed. I was surprised by that.
The Mag is a collectors item kind of thing. Limited production, etched bottle. Not intended to be just 2 bottles of wine. I have no issue with that if they want to do that.

The wine is also an RP100, so I presume they think a lot will be flipped. I don’t flip wine for profit, but even reading above in this thread, some do. I don’t blame them for wanting to capture that money for themselves. At some point, however, I am going to be out (like many other wines I used to drink).

Parker’s use of the word SKYSCRAPER always annoys me.

Hmmm I got my first actual Scarecrow (as opposed to M. Etain) allocation last year, but nothing via email or snail mail this year yet…hopefully they’re just still sending them out.

It’s done in waves. Even if you purchased for several prior years you’re not likely to be in the first wave.

Is this the first wave?

Dropped the list long ago.

Decent wine, but not worth the coin IMO.

I hate to say this, but it’s just another high end Napa Cab , like most of the others, in a money grab. And really, does the world need more of this? I stopped buying these wines looooooong ago…

Well, at least mid-tier Barolo, and lower-end Burgundy.

From what planet is mid-tier Barolo ±$300 per bottle?

Yeah, typical NS crazy response, I can’t think of many Barolos that are consistently more than $300 on release other than Monfortino, maybe Giacosa red labels now.
As for Burg certainly things like Rousseau Chambertin or Roumier Bonnes Mares and the like are well above, but plenty of GCs and highly regarded 1ers from solid producers out there, scarcely only lower-end.

i don’t think i am on their first tier…been buying crows since '05 vintage when it was $150 [head-bang.gif]

Is it spring deliv?

Lyndon

LOL’ed.

You’re not even gonna be able to get a 4oz pour of the 2010 Monfortino Riserva for $300.

Yes, I said Monfortino is more than $300. But the most expensive single bottling does not equal the top tier. When people say top tier Barolo they are generally including wines such as Bartolo Mascarello, G. Mascarello Monprivato, B. Giacosa (recent vintage of the red labels probably passed $300 on release), Cappellano, Cavallotto, etc. most of which are less than $200 on release in a good vintage.

Actually, the most expensive single bottling is precisely the top tier.

$300 will buy you mid-tier wines like Giacosa White Label.

But $300 ain’t never gonna get you another Giacosa Red Label - them days are gone forever.

Unless the world’s central banksters quit inventing fake money out of thin air, and we finally experience the catastrophic consequences of the deflation we deserve.

I think you can get Dujac CDR for ~$300…
If that’s “low end Burg” for Nathan, I wanna drink what he drinks… :wink:

if i recall…delivery is in end of march?