Save the date Wednesday, January 17, first Kutch wine release of 2022 wines

As per email today from Jamie

We are excited to announce that tomorrow, we will release the first wines from the 2022 vintage. On Wednesday, January 17th, we will send an email at 9:00 AM PST with a link to your allocation for these small production wines. These wines will be sold on a first come, first served basis.

This offer will include the following:

• 2022 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir
  • 2022 Bohan Vineyard Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir
  • 2022 Mindego Ridge Santa Cruz Mountains Pinot Noir
  • 2022 Falstaff Vineyard Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir
  • 2022 Trout Gulch Santa Cruz Mountains Chardonnay

Cheers,

~ Jamie Kutch

2 Likes

Rough idea of pricing based on previous years?

Not at the moment. Maybe someone else might help.

Prices I have down for last vintage are below.

SC 43
Bohn 62
Mindego and Falstaff 69
TG 54

Some of the more reasonable out there for sure . . .

3 Likes

And some of the very best.

2 Likes

Excited for this release. Had a 20 TG about 6 months ago. Insanely good chard.

1 Like

Has anyone talked to Jaime about how he managed the 2022 heat wave? I imagine it is less of an issue for Jaime given his vineyard sources, but I would love to hear any insight folks have picked up on. Perhaps he will address it tomorrow in the release.

21 TG tonight is absolutely killer

Allocations are open already.

Order in. Had to limit myself to just 6.

In for 2 of each Pinot, the Plan It feature on Amex makes so many of these decisions easier.

1 Like

Thanks for asking Benjamin. For clarity as I didn’t include this in the letter, the heat had no effect on us in 2022. The reasons are because we pick on the earlier side, don’t pull leaves excessively to open the canopy, and because it was such a cool vintage that the heat actually was a positive to push things along and bump up sugars just before picking. This enabled us to pick with respectful alcohols while retaining natural acidity that was still very much there.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
Jamie

4 Likes

I went 6x TG, 3x Mindego. We’ll see if I make it through the rest of the offer window without adding some of the other PNs.

Loaded up on TG after popping a '21 TG recently that was stunning, one of the best Chardonnays I’ve had in the last year. Beautiful weight and texture with plenty of acidity and that kind of crystalline lemon/lime quality I get from my favorite Chardonnays.

1 Like

Just popped one last night before the release anc agree woth your notes 100%. Insanely good.

Just placed a six-pack order of Falstaff and Mindego Ridge. Jamie’s Falstaff Pinot is quite probably my favorite Pinot Noir from California.

Hardest part is trying to figure out how many to buy, especially with BD coming fast!

Just look for the magic button that say Add Max Allocation :laughing:

I’m about to break and get a case even though I shouldn’t

Decided to go 4 TG, 3 Mindego, and 2 Falstaff.

Given a ridonculous amount of bottles in the cellar, I’m cutting back sadly. Went 2 SN, 2 FS, and 2 TG.

It hurts, but necessary.