Sandler BerserkerDay XIV 6 Packs and 4 Packs including one from the Library-30% Off-Shipping Included

I’m thrilled to participate in the 14th annual BerserkerDay! Happy Anniversary to Todd, Brig, Patrick, Siun and all Berserkers out there!

There is some info about Sandler below the offers if you’re interested in knowing more. These 6 packs and 4 packs will ship beginning in mid February and continue through March, depending on where you are in the US and of course what the weather is up to. And now to the offers.

Sandler BDXIV Pinot Noir 6 Pack $170 Shipping Included!!!

Click Here to Order Now

This 6 pack includes one bottle each of the following:

• 2018 Berserkers 13th Anniversary Pinot Noir
  • 2020 Santa Cruz Mountains Pinot Noir
  • 2020 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir
  • 2021 Bien Nacido Vineyard Pinot Noir
  • 2021 Cortada Alta Vineyard Pinot Noir
  • 2021 Madzia’s Vineyard Pinot Noir

Cellartracker Users: CLICK HERE to add these wines to you cellar

=======================================================

Sandler Boer 100% Whole Cluster Pinot Library 4 Pack $115 Shipping Included!!!

Click Here to Order Now

This 4 pack includes one bottle each of the following:

• 2013 Boer Vineyard Pinot Noir
  • 2014 Boer Vineyard Pinot Noir
  • 2016 Boer Vineyard Pinot Noir
  • 2018 Boer Vineyard Pinot Noir

The Boer 4 pack could possibly sell out today, there are only a limited number available.

Sandler Chardonnay and Syrah 4 Pack $100 Shipping Included!!!

Click Here to Order Now

This 4 pack includes one bottle each of the following:

• 2013 Connell Vineyard Syrah
  • 2018 Nolan Vineyard Syrah
  • 2019 Santa Cruz Mountains Chardonnay
  • 2021 Santa Cruz Mountains Chardonnay

We can ship to most states. If your state is among the few where we don’t ship, please email info@sandlerwine.com, and we’ll find a way.

About Sandler: I grew up in New England, in Massachusetts and Connecticut, many years ago. At a summer job during college, I was a cashier at a huge wine shop in Northampton, Mass. Knowing absolutely nothing about wine, except how to scan the bar codes on the bottles, I suddenly found myself buying wines from the shop and trying them at home. Within a few months, I was spending all my time reading about wine (pre-internet!), and a year later, I realized California was calling me to come out there and somehow make a career in wine.

After a couple years in wine sales, I decided I was going to dive feet first (sometimes!) into winemaking, and I enrolled at Fresno State. Of all the brilliant ideas I’ve had in life, this may have been my best. Upon graduating in 1994, I started my professional career in the cellars at Bernardus Winery in Carmel Valley, CA. There I learned a lot of my winemaking skills, and I did my first pigeage in a tank of Bien Nacido Pinot Noir. That’s a day I will never forget, and it’s possibly the moment I realized my focus should be on Pinot Noir instead of strictly on Bordeaux varieties.

My next job was across Monterey County at one of the most unique sites in California, Chalone Vineyard. It’s a must see for any California wine lover, there is no place like it. The wines seem to last forever, and they have fooled many a Burgophile over the decades. I was Chalone’s enologist then assistant winemaker for four years. Sometimes, I wish I had stayed many more years there, but at least I get to go back and visit Richard Boer (see the 4 pack above), who has been Chalone’s Vineyard manager since 1992.

From Chalone I went to Testarossa, in Los Gatos, near San Jose. It was the first time I had the title of winemaker. At Testarossa, I got to work with fruit from as far south as the Santa Rita Hills, and as far north as the Russian River Valley. This is very similar to the regions Sandler covers today. I spent four vintages at Testarossa, then went into business as a consulting winemaker and introduced the August West label.

While simultaneously working at Freeman, Fort Ross and August West, I started the Sandler label (my grandmother’s maiden name, and one of my names) in 2003 with exactly 29 cases of Dry Creek Zinfandel. The first Sandler Pinot was a 2004 Santa Lucia Highlands blend. As Sandler has expanded, the list of clients I’ve worked with has too, but Freeman is the winery I’ve been with for 20 years, as of next month. Some of the others have been Mansfield-Dunne, Markey, Theopolis, Lester, Ryan Cochrane, ROAR, Montagne Russe, Iskaranu, JC Winemaker, Kohu, Pipson, Con Spirito, Mystery Tour, 3 Monkeys, Congruence, Dark Side, Nami, Ouroboros, The Industrial, The Treat and The Central.

The goal with Sandler is to produce affordable wines of excellent quality from some of my favorite vineyards in California. Pinot Noir makes up the largest part of the portfolio, with Chardonnay, Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Grenache and Zinfandel filling in the rest. There was once a Marsanne/Roussanne blend from Saralee’s Vineyard, and there will be a forthcoming Merlot, possibly for sale on BerserkerDay XV in 2024.

Thank you very much!!!

Ed Kurtzman

6 Likes

Good to be back on BD14 with you again!
So nice to see your career path, which you have never shared with us before! It seems that we all get wine bugs in the East including myself and Akiko & Ken.

Cheers to Sandler!

3 Likes

Thanks Ed. In for a six pack. Berserker Day Staple!

For those who know, you already know.
For those not familiar, this is a complete no-brainer, every year. Just do it

1 Like

In for a six pack - thanks Ed.

1 Like

In for both, Ed! Thanks for the always GREAT wine!

Hi Ed , good to see your offer-as usual these wines are a great value and always punch above their weight class. Just ask the folks at La Quinta, lol

Ed,

I was hoping you were in again. I really enjoy your wines.

1 Like

First time purchase of Sandler, really looking forward to checking out the syrah and chard. In for the four pack.

1 Like

First time Sandler buyer in for the 4 pack. Looking forward to trying these!

1 Like

First time as well. Went for the 6 pack!

2 Likes

Hi Ed - it’s been awhile since I was an intern over at August! Glad to see all is well. Count me in for the 2 pinot packs

1 Like

Amazing to see you on here, Sean! Nice to hear from you. I hope you’re still making wine. Thanks for all the orders and all the support today, everyone.

Ed, Anticipation for this is always great…thank you!

1 Like

Order in, Love the make up of the six-pack. Looking forward to them all.

1 Like

Infor the Boer 4 pack, love these wines, consistently overperform!

1 Like

In for a couple of the 6-packs, it’s the house wine

2 Likes

Hi, Ed, went with the Syrah and chard package. Need to try something new to me!

2 Likes

In for the Pinot Noir 6-pack. Very excited!

1 Like

Thanks, everyone! It was an adventurous early purchase day. See you tomorrow.

1 Like